JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
5.15" for my G20 today :)

glock20-LW1.jpg

It's a Gen4, so I don't know if stock case support has been improved over previous generations, but comparing the two there doesn't seem to be much difference.

lonewolf2.jpg lonewolf3.jpg

I roll my own, and I'll be working up loads in Longshot & 800X - Interesting to see if and when 'smilies' start to show in each barrel.

Now if I could get out and go shooting :)

thats interesting I always assumed Glock barrels fully supported the case based on the huge bold warning on Underwood Ammo's website.

<broken link removed>

your pics dont look much different than a Delta barrel...

:eek:

thats surprising....

Is that one you rolled your own, if so was it within SAMMI specs? I know dumb question but the reason im asking is because it rubs me the wrong way that Underwood ammo issues a huge warning not to use their 10mm ammo in a rampless barrel, such as a Delta Elite, or you can get the same effect.... I dont get that if its loaded with SAMMI specs it should run fine.

(I dont reload so...)

:eek:

thats surprising....

Is that one you rolled your own, if so was it within SAMMI specs? I know dumb question but the reason im asking is because it rubs me the wrong way that Underwood ammo issues a huge warning not to use their 10mm ammo in a rampless barrel, such as a Delta Elite, or you can get the same effect.... I dont get that if its loaded with SAMMI specs it should run fine.

(I dont reload so...)

Not from my gun, just a generic Glock "smile" pic.

BB & Underwood push the boundaries a bit, and full case support would seem part of the equation.

I can't speak intelligently about SAAMI specs in relation to a given caliber's case support (as an average, all manus & models), but Glock's lack of has been well documented.

Not to say I'm interested in loading the 10mm to mild .308 pressures, then blaming the gun for case issues.

I can't speak intelligently about SAAMI specs in relation to a given caliber's case support (as an average, all manus & models), but Glock's lack of has been well documented.
well thats interesting to learn given the stern warning on Underwoods website.

I dont reload but the 10 is the only round that makes me interested... I'd like to load a full pressure 200g round nose soft point. Cant find any manufacturer that makes that... Cor-bon comes close though but not 200g.

Anyways, nice Glock. I like the look of it with the new barrel slightly longer.

DT's 200gr hardcast is supposed to be a hammer - a load I'd like to duplicate, just need to decide on mold.

Last Edited:
Should be easy to tell if the Glock gen 4 is tighter than the older gens.
With the older barrels,you could hear significant rattle when you shook the barrel with a cartridge in it
The lone wolf barrel won't let the cartridge rattle

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top