JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
went out to shoot yesterday. i don't have a full range report, as i had several other pistols in the que to try out and function test and i was running low on targets.

first, the gun only came with one magazine. a metalform 8 rounder. at least i think it's an 8 rounder. it has witness holes for the bottom 6, plus the two on top. but it refused to accept 8 and took 7. it is the only magazine i have as i let my spares go with my last 1911 trade.

function was ok, however, i had two instances of ftf on last round. i'm not sure if this was the mag or extractor. the bullet was jammed hard into the top of the chamber, and the rim was jammed at an extreme angle against the extractor hook. i need better and mor magazines before i try to sort this issue out.

range of all shots was a measured 20yds. first mag of the day went into 5". i was mostly paying attention on function, and paying particular attention to the affect of the port system to the overall function and shootability of the gun. ammo was federal american eagle 230gr fmj. this load may use a low flash powder, or it was happening to fast to notice, or perhaps it was to bright out to notice, but no discernable difference in muzzle flash was observed over any other 1911 i have fired. after realizing that nest wasn't going to pay a visit and my eyebrows were indeed safe, i was able to settle into a rythm. groups started to shrink. ammo and targets were running low, and i had two jams on the last round of my last two mags so i called it quits.

shooting impressions: the ports work as advertised. recoil was reduced. this is my first experience with a commander length barrel, and my first with a coned bushingless barrel. reduced recoil may simply be a function of reduced velocity of the shorter barrel, but i don't think so. muzzle rise was reduced to a level on par with my bil's g17, and i was hitting very fast follow up shots. i like it. i will get some more ammo, targets, and magazines, and post up some pics of groups once i get settled with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top