JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, went to the Quik-E-Mart at lunch to get my daily Tall Boy, and wouldn't you know it? The sweet young thing at the counter carded me :)

I haven't been carded since George H.W. Bush was in office! :s0112::s0114::s0112:

Damn, I'm feelin' good about myself!:s0155:

There's some places that have a policy of carding everybody. Usually bars not stores though. I've run across some in airports.

I started growing a 1/2" beard almost a year ago and have only been carded *once* since then, and only because that wasn't in the northwest. I've only just turned 25, so really I think the northwest states are lax and they should legally be carding more.

I got carded at Lowe's. I asked why when they said i need to see your ID. Your buying glue she said. She changed her mind when i started putting my wallet in my pocket and she looked at me.
Gosh,m darn near broke my heart when she didn't card me.
Utterly flippin STUPID.
Also as stupid as selling locks to put on you A/C charging line to stop your stupid child from huffin rhe freon.

was refused beer because i forgot my id at the rv. was the only time in 30+ years i have been carded. wasn't upset it was the establishments policy and i was quite amused that they enforce it period. take your id if you want pizza and beer in newport.:huh:

Many years ago my wife was dropping off our oldest son in middle school. He later told us that a friend of his had remarked to him that his older sister was hot. That made her whole year.

Needed your address for some proper stalking action.

A bit off topic but that does post an interesting question. In todays society where everybody is protecting their personal information from identity theft, is it a good idea to have our address visible to others? Heck, we dont hand the clerk our bank card for our security, why should we make them privy to our home address?

You can't go to the DMV and get an address from somebody's license plate anymore? Most phone numbers are unlisted or lack a street address.

Think about it and talk amongst yourselves.

A while back 21 years or so ago, I had returned home after college, my dad and I stopped by a local supermarket for a 6 pack of beer. I bought the beer, he bought the wine. The young cashier, a young woman whom I had had graduated high school with, let me buy my beer and then proceeded to card my dad. Although we look a lot alike, not that much alike. I said something to the effect, "But he is my dad!" She said, "yeah right" It sure made my dads day. I think he basked in that for about 3 or 4 days.

I was feeling pretty studly 10-12 years ago when an adorable biscut at Safeway asked if I wanted help getting half a bag of groceries out to my truck. Finally dawned on me a few weeks later that it was their new customer service policy. DOH!!!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews