Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Got carded today!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NuthinFancy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. NuthinFancy

NuthinFancy Seattle Area Active Member

Well, went to the Quik-E-Mart at lunch to get my daily Tall Boy, and wouldn't you know it? The sweet young thing at the counter carded me :)

I haven't been carded since George H.W. Bush was in office! :bluelaugh::laugh::bluelaugh:

Damn, I'm feelin' good about myself!:thumbup:

2. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

AAHHHH, how I long for those days, Alas too much gray and the starts of crows feet...
    lucky you, LOL

3. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

Hehe, I got carded at the grocery store the other day. I probably should have been flattered, but I was sick and grumpy so it just ticked me off.

4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

The last time I got carded, I was in my 30's. My response was "God Bless you".

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

There's some places that have a policy of carding everybody. Usually bars not stores though. I've run across some in airports.

6. NuthinFancy

NuthinFancy Seattle Area Active Member

;) Not this place. It's my daily stop, .99 for a 24 oz. ;)

7. Hunner

Hunner Oregon City New Member

I started growing a 1/2" beard almost a year ago and have only been carded *once* since then, and only because that wasn't in the northwest. I've only just turned 25, so really I think the northwest states are lax and they should legally be carding more.

8. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Hasnt happened since I was 17.

9. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I was in the Pheonix airport and the waiter carded me because I am not ancient like you guys and he was not sure how old I was. 3 minutes later he carded a gentleman in his 60's. LOL. Said it was policy.

10. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Yeah, I'm mid-'30s, and the only time I've been carded in recent memory was at a "we card EVERYONE" place.

11. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I got carded at Lowe's. I asked why when they said i need to see your ID. Your buying glue she said. She changed her mind when i started putting my wallet in my pocket and she looked at me.
    Gosh,m darn near broke my heart when she didn't card me.
    Utterly flippin STUPID.
    Also as stupid as selling locks to put on you A/C charging line to stop your stupid child from huffin rhe freon.

12. FA9

FA9 Hillsburrito, ORgun Well-Known Member

Neighborhood kids taught I was my sons older brother. It was a good day hehe.

13. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Last time I got carded was 30 years ago and I was 35 at the time!

14. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Let's see 35+30 using my portland public school education...that makes you 42

15. jvp

jvp oregon Member

was refused beer because i forgot my id at the rv. was the only time in 30+ years i have been carded. wasn't upset it was the establishments policy and i was quite amused that they enforce it period. take your id if you want pizza and beer in newport.:huh:

16. 97321

97321 Albany Active Member

Many years ago my wife was dropping off our oldest son in middle school. He later told us that a friend of his had remarked to him that his older sister was hot. That made her whole year.

17. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

A bit off topic but that does post an interesting question. In todays society where everybody is protecting their personal information from identity theft, is it a good idea to have our address visible to others? Heck, we dont hand the clerk our bank card for our security, why should we make them privy to our home address?

You can't go to the DMV and get an address from somebody's license plate anymore? Most phone numbers are unlisted or lack a street address.

Think about it and talk amongst yourselves.

18. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

A while back 21 years or so ago, I had returned home after college, my dad and I stopped by a local supermarket for a 6 pack of beer. I bought the beer, he bought the wine. The young cashier, a young woman whom I had had graduated high school with, let me buy my beer and then proceeded to card my dad. Although we look a lot alike, not that much alike. I said something to the effect, "But he is my dad!" She said, "yeah right" It sure made my dads day. I think he basked in that for about 3 or 4 days.

19. Asp

Asp Oregon, the promise land. Active Member

I don't know whether to feel insulted or happy when I'm carded. I usually frown because I want my beer- now damn it!

20. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I was feeling pretty studly 10-12 years ago when an adorable biscut at Safeway asked if I wanted help getting half a bag of groceries out to my truck. Finally dawned on me a few weeks later that it was their new customer service policy. DOH!!!