1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Got an old friend back!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by 2gr8dgs, Mar 2, 2011.

1. 2gr8dgs

2gr8dgs oregon Active Member

A few years ago I traded my old Savage 99f in 308 to a co-worker/buddy of mine. I always kind of regretted getting rid of it. Well, the last couple of months I have been working with him again, & asked if he would be interested in another trade to get the rifle back. I brought it home today. anybody trade one they regretted (we all have) & get it back?
  2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

I don't know why, but I've always wanted one of those.
  3. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

Got a sale I regret (my first pistol, ruger p89 stainless to fund my divorce), no trade regrets yet.
  4. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

When I got rid of my 500 it was to fund a Colt 1911. I wanted an older gun, but not one that was such a collector's piece that i would be afraid to shoot. I got this Colt.
    A few months later I found a pre Gold Cup National Match that was made the same year that I was born and was in excellent condition. The only way I could work the deal was to trade this old Colt. I really regretted doing that. The National Match was way to nice to play with and it just wasn't the Colt 1911 I wanted. When the opportunity came up to buy it back a few months later, I actually borrowed money from the bank to grab it.
    I'll not be parting with it again. Although I rarely shoot it, yesterday I pulled the trigger 100 times. I love this gun.