JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know a lot of these old Mill surplus rifles have importation marks and dings but this one caught my eye not sure if it's got a crack or what in it ..I used my 20 mm lens so you can get a close-up look. 20180821_183907.jpg 20180821_185737.jpg 20180821_183747.jpg

Last Edited:
I originally thought it was raised, but I see now that it is concave. Is it blued, or is the scratch through the bluing? Is yours an arsenal refinish, or original? If original, any number of contacts with metal, stone or shrapnel could have caused it.

I originally thought it was raised, but I see now that it is concave. Is it blued, or is the scratch through the bluing? Is yours an arsenal refinish, or original? If original, any number of contacts with metal, stone or shrapnel could have caused it.
It's an Arsenal refinish it's from century and there is some blueing on the outside but inside of the ding it's kind of bare Steel. I was thinking maybe one of my guns bonked it inside of the gun safe but that's like impossible that's a pretty heavy hit

Edge of another smaller part on another mosin dinged it likely.

I'd start looking closer at all the surfaces that could hit something on your rifle that resemble the shape of the ding. Chances are you'll find onethat looks like it could match.

It's an Arsenal refinish it's from century and there is some blueing on the outside but inside of the ding it's kind of bare Steel. I was thinking maybe one of my guns bonked it inside of the gun safe but that's like impossible that's a pretty heavy hit
More than likely Century chucking them out as fast as they could. Ah, but you can always improvise a WWII story behind it...

You know I have seen some people mark their SKS in the field, so they could identify there own rifle. Probably a long shot but could be a personal marking of some kind. I have an SKS that was in Bosnia and some very cool personal etchings.
But could be as ding, I like my story better :)

Could be a poorly struck proof mark....or...
Its an old army rifle...they do tend to get beat up a bit...and no one back in the day of the rifle's use , was thinking of saving the finish for future collectors....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR