JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those of you who haven't figured out how this works yet, but still believe the rest of us need tin-foil hats.

This is a photo of a dinner gathering held at the home of John Doerr of Kleiner Perkins, venture capitol firm in Silicon Valley, in 2011, to discuss the 2012 re-election campaign of barack obama:

DZY8tqzXkAA8z88.jpg

(click on the photo to expand if necessary)
This is not ANY KIND of freaking joke.
So next time you go to the range, take that Alexa with you and set it up on the target stand.
And think seriously about placing your smartphone right next to it.
And whenever possible, stay as far away from google as you possibly can.

Last Edited:
I've heard about using VPN's, but haven't really dug in to how to do it yet. I'll have to check out those links. The way things are going, it might be nice to have a little more between me and them.

Using a VPN is pretty straight forward.
You need 2 components.
A server and a client.

You install the client on your device (PC/Phone)

You log into the server with the client.

That establishes a "tunnel" which is the path between you and the server. The server now gets any routed traffic and the other side sees only the server.

Some products offer other features - like auto finding a less loaded server. Or finding one in a geography you want to use -- typical if you are in another country you may want a USA based server - or vice versa.

My work systems come with a Cisco client. I can enter the name or ip address of any server I choose into that app. They were configured with my companies servers. I use this to access my corporate data while I am at the client and using the clients guest network.

For those of you who use public wi-fi, you will want an VPN as it will encrypt your data. Anyone on that same access point can use some software to "snif" your traffic. Most of it is garbage, but somethings get passed in the open, or clear, or plain text. Things like passwords and user names. Yes, there are other technologies you can use to protect yourself.

Yes, you can set up a VPN Server at your home too.

There are some drawbacks. I have a Comcast DVR. I can watch my shows including sports, at home. BUT some things like sports are not available away from home. When I am on the VPN connection that appears to Comcast like I am away from home.

This is one of those topics that you can get started easily with little knowledge, but is very deep.
I recommend starting at Gibson Research here:   Home of Gibson Research Corporation  
and finding their VPN information.

Maybe. Depends upon your ISP.

Also you can get and use a VPN service.
The Awesomer Shop these guys often (quarterly) run a discount for one - which I have and like. Safety First--Protect Your Online Activity & Browse without Restriction for Life
Lifetime VPN? Try Infinity VPN - VPN Unlimited's Top-Rated Premium Version

Hide my a$$ works quite well, as i have read!

Etrain, quite easy to set up per se, as is a vitural hdd to work off instead of your main hdd as it protects your data from intruders!

Run Ghostery. It will show all the trackers on every Web page you visit. It can also block most of them.

I have added this plug in.

Ghostery
uBlock Origin
Duck-Duck-Go privacy
https everywhere

3 others - Mercury Reader (which is great except where it isn't, Cleans articles to be easier to read ) url shortener, LastPass .

One issue I stumble over, typically on news sites, is video auto running. Not all of them use Flash.

I have found one site where DuckDuckGo privacy had to be disabled.

" Ghostery has its own problems selling data to advertisers, so you may want to steer clear if that doesn't sit well with you. "

In running for half a day, I am not seeing it report blocking much. I think that it comes in the chain after duck-duck-go Privacy which is blocking trackers and the like, and after uBlock Origin.

https://lifehacker.com/the-best-browser-extensions-that-protect-your-privacy-479408034

These are the best Chrome extensions to protect your privacy in 2018

These guys would like to sell you on their VPN but:
The 3 best Chrome extensions to protect your privacy 2017

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews