JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a FO sight from Dawson precision that was shipped on the 1st. It sat in the PO "Waiting Acceptance" until the 9th before it was sent to OR. It looks like they tried to run it thru the roller mail sorter which is fine for regular envelopes but a huge no-no for the padded ones. As far as I can tell the sight isn't damaged or bent but you'd think they would have at least tried to tape the envelope up before sending it off? :confused:
"First Class Pkg Svc!" Glad it didn't go 2nd class. o_O
MVIMG_20180310_10rew0315.jpg
MVIMGeQ_20180310_100339.jpg

Last Edited:
That reminds me of an incident some years back. I ordered a part for a Webley revolver I owned at the time. It was from a very reputable dealer that I had ordered from before, but it never showed up. I went back and forth with them, USPS couldn't find it via tracing, etc. Months later, it arrives, the package is crunched, it is covered in dirt, is stuffed in a plastic bag, and (I kid you not) there is tire tread mark across part of the box. Miraculously, the small part was fine though. Goodness knows what journey that package took. :s0112:

That reminds me of an incident some years back. I ordered a part for a Webley revolver I owned at the time. It was from a very reputable dealer that I had ordered from before, but it never showed up. I went back and forth with them, USPS couldn't find it via tracing, etc. Months later, it arrives, the package is crunched, it is covered in dirt, is stuffed in a plastic bag, and (I kid you not) there is tire tread mark across part of the box. Miraculously, the small part was fine though. Goodness knows what journey that package took. :s0112:
That reminded me of another I got a few yrs ago. No tread marks but I think it'd been run over. It was a rubber grip so no harm done. The best part was that when I opened it water actually ran out of the package. :D
20140627_153652_zps4d71f14d.jpg
20140627_153716_zps6b771c6b.jpg

Last Edited:
USPS! I stopped using their service for anything I ship since the last issue I had with them. I shipped a set of 1911 stocks to the NRA curator to be used on the cover of American Rifleman on a Colt 1911, when the packages finally arrived it was too late for the scheduled photo shoot. You maybe asking, how long did it take for the package to arrive? It was 1 year and 7 days exactly from the time of shipment to the arrival of the package.

Never again have I used USPS and if I order something online I always choose another carrier!

PS I would notify the shipper if case you have issue during or after installation of your sights

A couple of years ago I ordered a part for an AR build. The "box" showed up beat to snot and retaped with a red stamp from the USPS that said something like "REPACKAGED".

Which was strange because the box was empty. So what did they "repackage"? :rolleyes:

A lot of the small items that I order go though USPS instead of UPS or FedEx. The MagMinder, and Alien Gear holsters among other vendors ship via USPS. I suppose you can call and make other arrangements that will cost you more.

Bought an Aero upper receiver and a couple Strike Industries port doors from Brownells out of Iowa last week. They shipped pretty quick via Fedex and it was handed off here in my hometown of Everett to my local USPS for final delivery. Well it sat at my local USPS office in Everett for two days "pending acceptance". Then yesterday I received an update that my package had just arrived in Manteca, CA. and would soon be enroute to it's destination. Today I saw it made it's way north from Manteca to Sacramento, CA. I wonder where/when this lil merry go round ride will end?

I ordered a FO sight from Dawson precision that was shipped on the 1st. It sat in the PO "Waiting Acceptance" until the 9th before it was sent to OR. It looks like they tried to run it thru the roller mail sorter which is fine for regular envelopes but a huge no-no for the padded ones. As far as I can tell the sight isn't damaged or bent but you'd think they would have at least tried to tape the envelope up before sending it off? :confused:
"First Class Pkg Svc!" Glad it didn't go 2nd class. o_O
View attachment 438485
View attachment 438486

Easy to see just how much of a F*ck they don't give at USPS:eek:

From overseas, I sent home a Samsonite suitcase. Now, according to the commercials at the time (1966), the suit case was gorilla tested. It came through completely smashed, utterly useless.

Ran over by a truck? Probably by many of them. It took a year before the USPS to pay me for that suit case.

Uh...I'm gonna be the lone voice here. I don't disbelieve any story here. But I have had nothing but great experiences using USPS. There are things that they do better, even, than the package services. I don't hesitate in the slightest to use them inbound and outbound.

Maybe I'm just lucky...

Bought an Aero upper receiver and a couple Strike Industries port doors from Brownells out of Iowa last week. They shipped pretty quick via Fedex and it was handed off here in my hometown of Everett to my local USPS for final delivery. Well it sat at my local USPS office in Everett for two days "pending acceptance". Then yesterday I received an update that my package had just arrived in Manteca, CA. and would soon be enroute to it's destination. Today I saw it made it's way north from Manteca to Sacramento, CA. I wonder where/when this lil merry go round ride will end?

I am not a fan of the new shared delivery service. I will always pay the extra buck or two if its the cheapest option. I have had several experiences very near to what you describe. It drives me crazy knowing that the thing I ordered is either sitting in a warehouse for 3 days longer than it needs to or is just along for the ride to god knows where. :mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top