JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have one of these and they are very good (for budget night vision I mean). Can see in total darkness up to about 100 yards (ie it uses built in IR flashlight). Can see satellites and stars you can't see with naked eye. Must hold about 10-12" from your face though, can't hold next to your eye. Video recording works good (no sound). Comes with 32 micro sd card. Uses AA batts.

If this link doesn't show price as $26 let me know and I'll post it in a different way. Delivery time will show Oct 26 probably but I just bought another one yesterday and it has already changed to sept 26 as delivery date (ymmv).

The video example in the ad is very accurate as to what you will see through it.

Edit: if it doesn't show $26 as price try in incognito/private mode and see if that works. If doesn't work let me know and I'll post different link.

FYI here is a short video example of stargazing use. Shows 4 satellites I could see in urban Pdx at a time when I could see only 4-5 stars total with naked eye.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I have one of these and they are very good (for budget night vision I mean). Can see in total darkness up to about 100 yards (ie it uses built in IR flashlight). Can see satellites and stars you can't see with naked eye. Must hold about 10-12" from your face though, can't hold next to your eye. Video recording works good (no sound). Comes with 32 micro sd card. Uses AA batts.

If this link doesn't show price as $26 let me know and I'll post it in a different way. Delivery time will show Oct 26 probably but I just bought another one yesterday and it has already changed to sept 26 as delivery date (ymmv).

The video example in the ad is very accurate as to what you will see through it.

Edit: if it doesn't show $26 as price try in incognito/private mode and see if that works. If doesn't work let me know and I'll post different link.

FYI here is a short video example of stargazing use. Shows 4 satellites I could see in urban Pdx at a time when I could see only 4-5 stars total with naked eye.
That's pretty neat. We've been here for a week and haven't had a clear night yet. LOL.

How does it work for late night animals? We've had cougars here recently.
It would work great for that Imo. You have to manually focus for the proper distance just like binoculars and when it's focused it's really detailed ( for a budget one I mean). I can see all the details of my dog at night. Range would be about 100 yards I would guess for cougar but some example videos shows 150 yards. You may be able to add a cheap zoomable IR flashlight to make that go further ( I haven't tried but I do have one of those inexpensive zoomable IR flashlights). Field of view will be narrow though so keep that in mind.

This video shows deer at 150 yards FWIW, but it looks pretty dim at that range. Close in things are pretty bright. It changes brightness up and down on its own so if you point to a bright area it won't be all blown out and if you point to dark area it will raise the brightness. That part seems to work really well except for a brief lag while it adjusts brightness.

Phone screenshot from that video:
A0A68DCC-6C93-49D2-A577-20210DEF4189.png
Note that in that video when he is pointing at building 25 yards away it is focused at 25 yards and building is clear. Then when he moves to the pickup on the road it's still focused at 25 yards so that is why pickup is blurry. Turning the focus knob would make that truck very clear even though it's far away (basically it focuses just like any binoculars). I mention because he didn't clarify that in the video and it's confusing looking at that video now.

Last Edited:
It would work great for that Imo. You have to manually focus for the proper distance just like binoculars and when it's focused it's really detailed ( for a budget one I mean). I can see all the details of my dog at night. Range would be about 100 yards I would guess for cougar but some example videos shows 150 yards. You may be able to add a cheap zoomable IR flashlight to make that go further ( I haven't tried but I do have one of those inexpensive zoomable IR flashlights). Field of view will be narrow though so keep that in mind.
I just ordered a couple, couldn't beat the price! I really need to stop following the "Great Deals" thread as it always hurts my wallet 😁. Thank you for the heads up! BTW, the delivery date was sooner in my end, Sep 23-26eat. Let's hope that is accurate.

I just ordered a couple, couldn't beat the price! I really need to stop following the "Great Deals" thread as it always hurts my wallet 😁. Thank you for the heads up! BTW, the delivery date was sooner in my end, Sep 23-26eat. Let's hope that is accurate.
Wow that's great on delivery date. I figured low price was due to Oct 26 late date but I guess not. The first one I bought I paid around $70 and it's worth that I think. I wish you could hold to your eye but I wasn't willing to pay $140 for the night fox one for that feature.

Do you think you could build a helmet with 2 if these?
This got me thinking that perhaps a person could mount it behind a scope with a digiscope adapter. I might try it tonight if I remember. The eye relief would be ridiculously bad though unless you had the scope mounted way forward. I might try with a scope in regular scope position just to see if it could be used on a scope.

Briefly tried to use it to look through scope and I could not get it to work at all. Also tested using it with a cheap IR flashlight and it does make things brighter. Here are a couple test videos. Re the flashlight it cost $26 from amazon (just a coincidence on prices cuz I bought it over a year ago). If you buy an IR flashlight make sure it is zoomable (critical IMO). This is the one I used, not saying its better or worse than any other and maybe they make more powerful ones I don't know. I know the 850nm wavelength works with this scope/camera. Don't know about other wavelengths so check before buying a different wavelength would be my suggestion. (weird I opened that flashlight page a few min ago and it said $34, I just opened to make sure the hyperlink works and now it says $28, amazon is weird.

Trees are 82 yards away according to google maps. gizmo has 8 levels. one level is no IR, and 7 progressively stronger IR illumination levels. video shows: IR level 1 plus IR flashlight, Then stopping on tree, turn off flashlight and increase IR level to 7. Then add in flashlight. Then back down to no IR level. Hope that makes sense when watching video.

This video starts at no IR (it does illuminate quite a lot even at no IR, beyond what you can see with your naked eye), then IR level 1, then add flashlight. It was dark enough where I was that you would have to be very close to tell if someone was there (probably about 20 feet to see if a person was there with no ablity to see details, unless person was silouhetted of course). Person with cart would have zero chance to see me in that situation and of course he cant see the IR.

Last Edited:
Briefly tried to use it to look through scope and I could not get it to work at all. Also tested using it with a cheap IR flashlight and it does make things brighter. Here are a couple test videos. Re the flashlight it cost $26 from amazon (just a coincidence on prices cuz I bought it over a year ago). If you buy an IR flashlight make sure it is zoomable (critical IMO). This is the one I used, not saying its better or worse than any other and maybe they make more powerful ones I don't know. I know the 850nm wavelength works with this scope/camera. Don't know about other wavelengths so check before buying a different wavelength would be my suggestion. (weird I opened that flashlight page a few min ago and it said $34, I just opened to make sure the hyperlink works and now it says $28, amazon is weird.

Trees are 82 yards away according to google maps. gizmo has 8 levels. one level is no IR, and 7 progressively stronger IR illumination levels. video shows: IR level 1 plus IR flashlight, Then stopping on tree, turn off flashlight and increase IR level to 7. Then add in flashlight. Then back down to no IR level. Hope that makes sense when watching video.

This video starts at no IR (it does illuminate quite a lot even at no IR, beyond what you can see with your naked eye), then IR level 1, then add flashlight. It was dark enough where I was that you would have to be very close to tell if someone was there (probably about 20 feet to see if a person was there with no ablity to see details, unless person was silouhetted of course). Person with cart would have zero chance to see me in that situation and of course he cant see the IR.

Can't wait to try it out, will probably end up with an IR flashlight for maximum fun.

Well, looks like I missed it. The price is up over $200 now. Good job to all that got in on it though! 👍
Holy smokes! Amazon prices are so random. They must have an algorithm that changes the price automatically based on demand and inventory I'm guessing. Plus it depends on how you open it. Using the link above its back down to $75 now. If you open from a different link or browser it will likely be $65.

Also fyi I noticed that it looks like the same model is being sold under multiple brand names, with some prices as low as $45-$49. I can't vouch for any of those cuz I haven't used but appearance seems to be identical.

Holy smokes! Amazon prices are so random. They must have an algorithm that changes the price automatically based on demand and inventory I'm guessing. Plus it depends on how you open it. Using the link above its back down to $75 now. If you open from a different link or browser it will likely be $65.

Also fyi I noticed that it looks like the same model is being sold under multiple brand names, with some prices as low as $45-$49. I can't vouch for any of those cuz I haven't used but appearance seems to be identical.
Yes, it is crazy! I opened that link many times yesterday. Sometimes using incognito, sometimes not. I saw it get down around $50 a few times. The camo version of that model price has been jumping around too. I really wish someone could explain Amazon pricing. It is just crazy!

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews