JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You want to be careful with this scale. It's only accurate to +/- .2 gr. That can mean almost a half grain spread from one load to another. May not be an issue if you're at the lower end of the charge weight but can be a big deal if you're pushing the envelope. Also, if accuracy of your ammo is paramount (as it is for me) this scale won't cut it.

Mine is the MTM case guard ds750.I measured bullets one day and they were all perfect at the marked weight on the box.Then I got some that were light,then heavy.Then I weighed them all again and they were perfect
Never moved the scale after calibrating it with the 50g weight.
No problem with accuracy,but just seems kinda dumb to bother with this scale except it's quicker than the balance beam

I bought a digital Lyman that was around $120. I forget if it was supposed to be .1 or .2 gn accurate. I measured a variety of things, small screws, coins, wrote down the weights. Weighed them all again the next day and I don't think anything was the same weight. I took it back and bought this one, Amazon.com: American Weigh Gemini-20 Portable Milligram Scale, 20 by 0.001 G: Kitchen & Dining. I got mine from dealextreme but this looks to be the same scale. It measures down to the .02 gn. When I use it, it bounces around a bit but then I remind myself it's still within .05gn or so and that's well inside .1gn and I'm about $100 richer. I measured a bunch of 6.5gn charges of Unique, settled for anything between 6.48 and 6.52, goes pretty fast that way and any of those readings would be 6.5 on the nose on a less accurate scale.

So I ended up with a set of Frankford Arsenal digital scales when I bought out the fella I got my starter set from. I used those scales for my first set of 308 loads and didn't notice any issues. Started using them today on a batch of 223 and all of the sudden my loads didn't look right. Good thing I checked with the RCBS balance scale because my loads were a whole 2.5 grains heavy! Probably wouldn't blow the gun but now I know what I'm going to trust and what I'm not!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top