Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

good deal on CCI Primers?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by 2ndtimer, Jun 8, 2014.

1. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

Even though I had a fair amount of primers on hand, I picked up a case (5000) of CCI-500 small pistol primers today on sale at Griggs in Pasco, WA for $119.99. That works out to $24 per brick, had to pay almost $10 in sales tax, but no shipping or hazmat fee. Best deal I have seen on primers over the counter in some time. They were offering CCI-400 small rifle primers for the same price. Encouraging.

salmonriverjohn likes this.
  2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Very good deal.
    I've noticed that primers (Natchez) are pretty available now but powders not so much.

3. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That's a heck of a deal! Even Powder Valley wants $27.00 + haz-mat. I picked up 5K CCI sp a couple months ago at an EXPO gun show for $25.00/K, even though I was already sitting on 10K Tula sp,. You just never know when the poo will hit the fan again.
    Now the problem is finding (any) pistol powder to get the bullet to go ALL THE WAY, down the barrel.

Mike

4. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

True that! Especially slow burning powder for the .357 Magnum. That powder also goes faster than the light loads with Tite Group. I am hoping to come across an 8 lb keg of something versatile, like Unique, Universal, Power Pistol, Accurate No. 5 or similar. Just have to be quick when it shows up.