JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of a local business in the Portland area that sells ounces of gold and silver at reasonable prices?

I know that there are several trustworthy places on the net but I am looking to buy a couple of ounces at a time and don't want to pay for shipping if I can help it.

Alpine Coin Co
(503) 254-3858
11040 NE Weidler St, Portland, OR

I have done business with them. They have been in business a long time, have a good selection, minimum mark up, but will not give any advice on what to buy.
I prefer the Canadian 1 oz silver rounds by Engelhard called the "Prospector". They always seem to have some around.

watch out for their markup over spot. Often times, it's not worth it.

I tried a few places out east (haven't tried any out west) that were expecting $40 a piece for american eagles when spot was $27, and they'd be kind enough to drop it to $35 if you bought excessive amounts. After I tried 4 places, got the same bunk deal offered, I went with Gainesville.

There is a shop on main street in downtown Oregon city. Willamette bullion is the name I think. His prices are good. His shop is on the corner of main and the bridge (cannot remember the name of that road)

AJPM sells all varieties of silver and gold in Portland and Tigard. 1 oz silver rounds go for spot + $1.25 I think. There's a good store in Multnomah Village on Troy Street too. Same low markup.

AJPM sells all varieties of silver and gold in Portland and Tigard. 1 oz silver rounds go for spot + $1.25 I think. There's a good store in Multnomah Village on Troy Street too. Same low markup.
If I recall correctly, AAA Precious Metals is roughly the same markup. It's on 99th near Mall 205. The two times I've been in there, it was swamped with sellers(when it was $25/oz lol), but buyers get helped out immediately. I don't think they like making small transactions like, 20 oz, that much though.

Thanks to all that suggested the businesses. I ended up buying some silver at AJPM for spot plus $1.25 per coin. They have a few different locations and were friendly and helpful. It was also a nice surprise to see one of the guys open carrying.

Gee, I wish that I had been smart enough to buy a good stock of Gold back 5+ years ago. Would have been a nice return.

Prices are very high at this time. If Romney is elected watch it start to drop. If Obama is reelected the price will go through the roof. Just a guess.

Obama prints tons of phony money and raises taxes causing massive inflation, Romney will reverse that trend, lower taxes and get people back to work. Basic financial logic.

Alpine Coin Co
(503) 254-3858
11040 NE Weidler St, Portland, OR

I have done business with them. They have been in business a long time, have a good selection, minimum mark up, but will not give any advice on what to buy.
I prefer the Canadian 1 oz silver rounds by Engelhard called the "Prospector". They always seem to have some around.

Englehard was an American company that was started in New Jersey. It was still in New Jersey when the Prospectors were minted (it was bought out by the Germans in 2006.) Are you saying that the Prospectors were actually minted in Canada?

Also, fake Prospectors surfaced in 2011 so beware. There are pictures of the fakes on the 'net if you look for them.

Obama prints tons of phony money and raises taxes causing massive inflation, Romney will reverse that trend, lower taxes and get people back to work. Basic financial logic.

Not factual, although I could care a less about Puppet A vs Puppet B.

The Private Federal Reserve, a cartel of foreign banker families such as the Rothschilds, determines how much money is printed out of thin air thereby causing inflation. A sitting puppet has no say on monetary policy so A vs B means ZERO.

The Fed controls the issuance of money without any audit or any direct control of our government. Whether you have a job in two years is up to the FED - trillionaire foreign Oligarchs. Puppet / cardboard standees, not so much. That is why we are in fact an Oligarchy and not a Democracy or Republic. Whoever controls the issuance of money controls the country.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top