Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Going shooting tommorow....Help please.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by .45's and .38's, Sep 18, 2009.

1. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

I have usually only been two mammaloose. Or I think mammalose It's in estacada area. I turn on the one car lane green bridge right along the river...Then go up and up and around till you find a spot you like. If anyone knows about the area I would appreciate it if you could tell me if it is open. Tommorow is my B DAY. Im lookin forward to having a good time. I feel like I constantly hear back and forth if this area is open or not. I need a definate answer. I dont want to get in trouble.

2. Petes

Petes Active Member

When get over the green bridge there is a sign that says "NO Sooting for 6.8 miles) .
    When u go 6.8 miles u will find a rock quarry u can shoot there or further down the road.
    Be SAFE

3. .45's and .38's

Sorry if I sound like a noob but what is a rock quarry. My guess is like a rock wall. Who would want to shoot at that. (ricochet)

4. .45's and .38's

Could a 94 mercury sable make it up 6.8miles?

5. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

No, It will break down long before it makes it up that road.

All kidding aside.....It should be just fine this time of year. When the snows come that is a different story.

6. .45's and .38's

Thanks. Whats a rock quarry though?

7. AvnEng

AvnEng Corvallis Member

It is just a rock pit. Most of the time it is carved into the side of a hill. There may be piles of rock in the pit. From the looks of some of the other threads I don't think you will have a hard time seeing it when you get closer.

Have fun

8. .45's and .38's

Thanks a million. Which is better/safer wildcat or where im describing? I have never been to wildcat.

9. .45's and .38's

Shooting/bday rewened. I hate the rain with a passion.

10. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Ruined? Hop down to jo...uh...Bi-mart and get a cheap canopy. No reason to sit in the rain. But putting of shooting because of rain...and you live in the PNW? Perhaps AZ is more to your temperment.

11. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

I went shooting in a rain a few weeks ago, I have a 10x10 canopy for that reason, bring up a table and a canopy and your set.

12. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

what i usually do is just call the sheriff and ask, just to be sure because they'll slap you with a big ol' ticket if you cant shoot there

13. .45's and .38's

I scheduled my day for tommorow. where is a nice not so packed area besides mammaloose. Send PM if you wont tell on open forum. PLEEASE

14. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

The information in this thread is correct. Memaloose is open after the 6.8 miles. There are a couple of rock quarries that you can shoot at up there. Wildcat isn't too bad, but it is at a quarry also. There tends to be a lot of 4 wheelers in that area, so be careful shooting there. If we weren't at the gun show this weekend we would be picking up trash at Memaloose.

As a side note, and shameless plug. next weekend there will be a Full Auto shoot at Memaloose. With over 40 machine guns :)

Feel free to come by and shoot some of them, or just bring your guns and shoot those too. It is going to be a blast:thumbup:

Check out this thread for more details:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13797

15. .45's and .38's

I will bring 1000 rounds of .22. I would die if someone let me shoot their silencer or machine gun. I would be the happiest ever.

16. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

are you fron Kali or something :bluelaugh:

I'm shooting in the rain
    Just shooting in the rain
    What a glorious feelin'
    I'm happy again

17. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Dude!
    I 'bout sprayed coffee all over my keyboard when I read that! Thanks for the laugh. I figure that if you live here, you don't get to do sh..., uhh anything if you can't deal with a few raindrops!:thumbup:

Although, I'd not be too upset if I can finish my roof before the rainy season really starts.