JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Turn them off if you put them under cover or they run the battery down searching for a tower. Used to be the phones would die if you spent much time out of service because they search for service constantly.

I just put my phone in the microwave, leaned against a bottle of garlic salt. The signal went down 1 bar each on cell and wifi. But it held signal. I thought someone said it blocks all RF?

Once I turned it on, my phone went into some weird power save mode or something. I can't seem to get it (iphone 12 Pro Max) to turn back on, just the battery logo flickering......
I had a buddy, years ago (back when cell phones first became easily affordable, 04ish) who tried to convince me that microwaving your phone would charge it. So I told him to demonstrate, which he did, then promptly told me I owed him a phone.

I can't believe how brutal you mo'fos are to Ghoul while he's giving us a PSA (not the f'ing test).
The monitoring, tracking and other shizzle has been real since before 2007, when I first noticed I was being tracked by my company on my company phone. Back then I suspect it was an app buried in the Blackberry. Now it's much worse. I'll have conversations with clients and get robo calls later trying to sell me some crap related to the conversation.

With meter wave 5G signals, it will pass through many metals that used to block 4G quite simply. It's coming to the point you need lead sheet.
Microwaves have been mere signal reducers for some time.

I'm with @Reno on this one.
What astounds me is how eager and open millennial and later generations are to share every facet of their life on the ether.

You know there's a tracker and microphone weaved into the material you can't see or detect right ?
They know where you are and are listening 👂 to everything you do. 😃
I'm so boring I like to think they're listening

They have the technology, and they can find you,
I know from experience, L.E. can narrow it down to the exact house you are in.
So you gotta bugout and go dark, while still retaining your comms.
Alot of phones are being made nowadays without removable batteries, and I dont trust that there is not another small internal backup battery in phones with removable batteries, this was my best workaround to being tracked.
I was gonna make one of these myself but found the internet was way ahead of me.
Electronic signal blocking phone cases and bags.
They are just little faraday cages, and you can find many different sizes and styles cheap on Amazon, I got 2 of these for $8.00.
Just a quick tip, Ghoul.

View attachment 1014277
Thanks for the tip!

I've used one for years. Even when the phone is "off" certain functions are still operating. With the widespread use of 5G I'll probably have to up my game though apparently.
@Kruel J. maybe your phone is in safe mode? Sounds slightly similar to android safe mode.
This is supposed to reboot an iPhone..

Step 1: Press Volume up and release. Step 2: Press Volume down and release. Step 3: Press and continue holding the Side button until you see the Apple logo appear. Your iPhone should boot back to the Lock screen

I've used one for years. Even when the phone is "off" certain functions are still operating. With the widespread use of 5G I'll probably have to up my game though apparently.
@Kruel J. maybe your phone is in safe mode? Sounds slightly similar to android safe mode.
This is supposed to reboot an iPhone..

Step 1: Press Volume up and release. Step 2: Press Volume down and release. Step 3: Press and continue holding the Side button until you see the Apple logo appear. Your iPhone should boot back to the Lock screen
Then you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...

I can't believe how brutal you mo'fos are to Ghoul while he's giving us a PSA (not the f'ing test).
The monitoring, tracking and other shizzle has been real since before 2007, when I first noticed I was being tracked by my company on my company phone. Back then I suspect it was an app buried in the Blackberry. Now it's much worse. I'll have conversations with clients and get robo calls later trying to sell me some crap related to the conversation.

With meter wave 5G signals, it will pass through many metals that used to block 4G quite simply. It's coming to the point you need lead sheet.

What astounds me is how eager and open millennial and later generations are to share every facet of their life on the ether.
I get a kick out of it to say the least.

Not against you J, but just adding some things to further my point.

"I have a vpn" uses Apple computers or their own WiFi paid for by their actual billing address. Uses a store bought router. Store bought wireless router. Watches Netflix on their TV. Kids use internet. Etc etc etc.

About the only way you can not be traced online is to have built your own computer, as in most store bought ones track you even if you think they don't, and you hacked someone else's internet like your neighbors. No paid for services are going to protect you, they may protect you from some basic layers of tracking, but you are certainly not invisible. Thinking anything else is absolutely silly.

Just think about this site NWFA. Many don't realize that sites like this are huge data mines for tracking gun owners. In fact sites like this are being allowed by big tech for really only one reason, to track gun owners. Most aspects of guns have been taken offline. You can't search google for gun products, the biggest search engine that literally runs most if not all search engines. But mer Duckduckgo derp derp derp, yep they use Google algorithms. Guns on YouTube have been extremely restricted to the point those left really don't make money off YouTube and barely get to stay relevant on there. Slowly but surely gun businesses have been hit hard by any means necessary online trying to restrict their ability to maintain a business through the web. Yet, as easy as it could be to kill social media forums revolving around guns, they are allowed to exist. Think about that one!

Ive accepted that this is the reality of being online. Fighting it is really a worthless thing. Only real way to fight it, DONT USE ELECTRONICS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

I just put my phone in the microwave, leaned against a bottle of garlic salt. The signal went down 1 bar each on cell and wifi. But it held signal. I thought someone said it blocks all RF?

Once I turned it on, my phone went into some weird power save mode or something. I can't seem to get it (iphone 12 Pro Max) to turn back on, just the battery logo flickering......
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the battery?

About the only way you can not be traced online is to have built your own computer, as in most store bought ones track you even if you think they don't, and you hacked someone else's internet like your neighbors.
You can buy a cheap used laptop (or phone) not telling the person who you get it from your real name or any info about you, and never use it to connect to anything that can be traced to you. Do not have your personal phone or computer nearby, or a car you own with sat nav/cell/bluetooth/etc. anywhere near, and connect to a random public wifi system where there are no surveillance cams and that you do not regularly go to, never use it at the same wifi hotspot more than once.

Never have the laptop/phone powered on (turned completely off - remove battery if possible) at all other times - not in sleep/hibernate mode - completely shut down.

Do not visit any site that you normally visit or look at your email/etc., or search google for something that you searched for on your regular computer/phone.

You can buy a cheap used laptop (or phone) not telling the person who you get it from your real name or any info about you, and never use it to connect to anything that can be traced to you. Do not have your personal phone or computer nearby, or a car you own with sat nav/cell/bluetooth/etc. anywhere near, and connect to a random public wifi system where there are no surveillance cams and that you do not regularly go to, never use it at the same wifi hotspot more than once.

Never have the laptop/phone powered on (turned completely off - remove battery if possible) at all other times - not in sleep/hibernate mode - completely shut down.

Do not visit any site that you normally visit or look at your email/etc., or search google for something that you searched for on your regular computer/phone.
Is that even possible? The time and effort involved in finding such places, and a new one each time, would mean you would have time for nothing else. Not to mention getting there without being surveilled. And if you are not going to do anything you would normally do, to what end?

I'm guessing your suggestion is totally theoretical.

You can also wrap your wiener in silly putty. Or a snickers wrapper.
s-l300-3.jpg

Your snickers.

4b1ec639791c4c776435e9586919e732--snickers-bar-smores-bar.jpg

My snickers

If things are so bad I have to elude an entity by not utilizing the internet or my phone, seems my entire existence would be upended, I definitely in theory wouldn't be able to stay at my home where just about all of my material possessions are with which I care for myself or would be able to for an extended period of time. I also wouldn't be able to work at my job.

If it got to that point, things would probably already have gotten very loud.

Yea, we've all been marked but accepting subjugation rings of prophesied times.
Now she's the one who gives us all those magical things
And reads us stories out of the I Ching
Then she passes out a whole new basket of rings
That when you put on your hand
Makes you one of the Angel Band
And gives you the power to be a man
But what it does for her you never quite understand
Sweet Lorraine, ah sweet Lorraine.

-Country Joe McDonald (and the FIsh)

There is literally an algorithm in place that learns voice metrics. If you have ever used a digital phone that has been attached to your actual self in any way, your voice has been recorded and stored. They can use this if needed to find you in the mess of phone calls, even if you use a phone completely disconnected from your personal information.

If you have ever gone on the internet, using any lick of your actual personal information, your searches and typing has been recorded and an algorithm has been used to assign a digital footprint to these things. They can use this to find you if needed.

Neither of these are exact and precise, for all I know they could be, but it helps narrow the search. Not to mention if you were going to these lengths just to be anonymous, it's likely for a reason and that means they might actually have interest in trying to find you. Most Americans just go with the system, like myself, and as long as we do they aren't sitting there watching me through the camera on this tablet as I type this. That doesn't mean they totally could if they needed to.

Thanks, I don't feel brutalized.
These sassy old girls make me smile.
More Ghoul School to come.

Is that even possible? The time and effort involved in finding such places, and a new one each time, would mean you would have time for nothing else. Not to mention getting there without being surveilled. And if you are not going to do anything you would normally do, to what end?

I'm guessing your suggestion is totally theoretical.
If you don't want to be surveilled/etc.

Me - I don't worry about it as I am not doing anything that I care the gov knows about. So I get groceries at Winco every 2 weeks? Big deal. Not worried that the gov knows I binge watch NCIS or prefer western movies either. Or that I post here on NWFA - they already know I am a "gun nut".

So yeah - theoretical - if I wanted to do something I never wanted to the gov to know about, that is how I might go about it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top