Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock torture test

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by magnum, Nov 21, 2010.

1. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

Ok, we all know that there are 2 side of the fence on glocks. Either you hate them (those 1911 guys) or you love them. I've been following this guy's articles on his g17 that he bought when they first came out. He was a non-believer about glocks. His stated mission was to torture test his new g17 till it broke. Well, at over 270,000 rounds down range with only 1 broken part, it's still chugging along. I'm also a fan of 1911s but I am a big fan of the glock platform. Check out this article in the new issue of combat handguns. It may change some opinions on what some people think about glocks. I've owned many glocks in various calibers and have been totally satisfied with their performance. Read the article and see why.:D

Tactical-Life.com » GLOCK 17 9mm TORTURE TEST

2. ZX10Aviator

ZX10Aviator N. Bham Member

I like both guns, and the people that say "I dont like plastic guns" are ignorant.

3. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

AND thats why my name is GLOCKGUY! :)

4. magnum

And how many do you have???:paranoid::D

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

6. 44magyota

44magyota oregon Member

Still rather have a sig! Video Detail sig torture test....glock would get destroyed. :thumbup:

7. stmcelroy

:thumbdown:

**** no

8. ZX10Aviator

funny sig vid, anything would pass that.

9. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hmm....Glock torture test. How about having to look at it for more than a few seconds! That would probably break me.

10. Ian1816

Ian1816 Oregon City Active Member

Yes, because aesthetics are so much more important than reliability and accuracy :thumbup:.

11. 44magyota

44magyota oregon Member

:bluelaugh: glocks are reliable. They have never been accurate for me. Xd's and sig's have been accurate and reliable for me. That said when I get a 10mm it will be a glock. Because they actually designed the 10mm glock to handle the abuse of the 10mm. :thumbup:

12. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I liked the comment on the bottom:

13. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just don't believe you have to sacrifice one for the other. Would you rather have a dependable, loving, caring, ugly wife, or a dependable, loving, caring hot wife?

14. stmcelroy

Does the ugly ones parents have money.;)

15. ZX10Aviator

beauty is in the eye of the beholder, everyone else may think your wife is ugly. :laugh: :D

16. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Sigs are indeed very reliable weapons (hey, its what I carry...) but that type of "torture testing" does not impress me too much. I am never going to run over my pistol with a tractor, and doing it in soft mud rather than on concrete kind of makes the whole test COMPLETELY POINTLESS anyway. The pistol will get pushed into the mud and then the weight of the tractor will be spread across all the ground making contact with the treads. Running it over with a vespa would do the same amount of damage to the gun in that mud.:rolleyes:

I'm more interested in how it will function in more realistic extreme conditions but with high volume of fire. E.g. go to the range when it is >110F and very humid outside and shoot 2000 rounds as fast as you can (under 30 minutes), then go to the range when it is -10F and snowing and do the same. That would be a good torture test.:thumbup:

This is a little closer to the type of testing I would like to see. Shoot it with no cleaning until it stops working is a pretty good test. I like that it was allowed to sit stored with loaded magazines for awhile too, as this is something that will happen to all carry and home defense weapons all the time.

Combine this with the test I described above and that would make me a believer in any pistol.

17. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

Life is to short to carry an ugly gun.

18. magnum

I appreciate that at least some people have an open mind. I'm biased but still have an appreciation for any platform that sends a bullet down range regardless of what material it's made of.:thumbup:

19. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Even on concrete the amount of pressure on the firearm under a tractor is not that great. The whole point of treads is to spread weight over a large surface area after all.

Heh... I wonder what would happen to a sig or glock if you put it in THIS thing with 30 tons of pressure.
    r2m915.jpg

Tractor test not lookin' so hot NOW, eh?

r2m915.jpg