JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, we all know that there are 2 side of the fence on glocks. Either you hate them (those 1911 guys) or you love them. I've been following this guy's articles on his g17 that he bought when they first came out. He was a non-believer about glocks. His stated mission was to torture test his new g17 till it broke. Well, at over 270,000 rounds down range with only 1 broken part, it's still chugging along. I'm also a fan of 1911s but I am a big fan of the glock platform. Check out this article in the new issue of combat handguns. It may change some opinions on what some people think about glocks. I've owned many glocks in various calibers and have been totally satisfied with their performance. Read the article and see why.:D

Tactical-Life.com » GLOCK 17 9mm TORTURE TEST

Yes, because aesthetics are so much more important than reliability and accuracy :s0155:.

:s0112: glocks are reliable. They have never been accurate for me. Xd's and sig's have been accurate and reliable for me. That said when I get a 10mm it will be a glock. Because they actually designed the 10mm glock to handle the abuse of the 10mm. :s0155:

I liked the comment on the bottom:

An interesting perspective:

If this test were conducted today with ammo prices being roughly $200 per 1K rounds of 9mm FMJ (bulk price), it would cost roughly $60,000. $60,000 through a $450 dollar handgun.

Still rather have a sig! <broken link removed> sig torture test....glock would get destroyed. :s0155:
Sigs are indeed very reliable weapons (hey, its what I carry...) but that type of "torture testing" does not impress me too much. I am never going to run over my pistol with a tractor, and doing it in soft mud rather than on concrete kind of makes the whole test COMPLETELY POINTLESS anyway. The pistol will get pushed into the mud and then the weight of the tractor will be spread across all the ground making contact with the treads. Running it over with a vespa would do the same amount of damage to the gun in that mud.:rolleyes:

I'm more interested in how it will function in more realistic extreme conditions but with high volume of fire. E.g. go to the range when it is >110F and very humid outside and shoot 2000 rounds as fast as you can (under 30 minutes), then go to the range when it is -10F and snowing and do the same. That would be a good torture test.:s0155:

This is a little closer to the type of testing I would like to see. Shoot it with no cleaning until it stops working is a pretty good test. I like that it was allowed to sit stored with loaded magazines for awhile too, as this is something that will happen to all carry and home defense weapons all the time.

Combine this with the test I described above and that would make me a believer in any pistol.

Sigs are indeed very reliable weapons (hey, its what I carry...) but that type of "torture testing" does not impress me too much. I am never going to run over my pistol with a tractor, and doing it in soft mud rather than on concrete kind of makes the whole test COMPLETELY POINTLESS anyway. The pistol will get pushed into the mud and then the weight of the tractor will be spread across all the ground making contact with the treads. Running it over with a vespa would do the same amount of damage to the gun in that mud.:rolleyes:

I'm more interested in how it will function in more realistic extreme conditions but with high volume of fire. E.g. go to the range when it is >110F and very humid outside and shoot 2000 rounds as fast as you can (under 30 minutes), then go to the range when it is -10F and snowing and do the same. That would be a good torture test.:s0155:

This is a little closer to the type of testing I would like to see. Shoot it with no cleaning until it stops working is a pretty good test. I like that it was allowed to sit stored with loaded magazines for awhile too, as this is something that will happen to all carry and home defense weapons all the time.

Combine this with the test I described above and that would make me a believer in any pistol.

I appreciate that at least some people have an open mind. I'm biased but still have an appreciation for any platform that sends a bullet down range regardless of what material it's made of.:s0155:

Even on concrete the amount of pressure on the firearm under a tractor is not that great. The whole point of treads is to spread weight over a large surface area after all.

Heh... I wonder what would happen to a sig or glock if you put it in THIS thing with 30 tons of pressure.

Tractor test not lookin' so hot NOW, eh?

r2m915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews