JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well looks like a bought a lemon today. I just picked up a used Glock 43 that has no visible wear on it. When I got home and simply took the slide off to put oil on it I attempted to put it back together and this happened twice and now it seems that it's stuck this way. The spring basically fell out when removing the slide as well. Can anyone offer some advice and how to get it apart and what I'm supposed to do once I do. This thing appears to be a piece of garbage.

20201002_150238.jpg

Well looks like a bought a lemon today. I just picked up a used Glock 43 that has no visible wear on it. When I got home and simply took the slide off to put oil on it I attempted to put it back together and this happened twice and now it seems that it's stuck this way. The spring basically fell out when removing the slide as well. Can anyone offer some advice and how to get it apart and what I'm supposed to do once I do. This thing appears to be a piece of garbage.

View attachment 757377
I had one eat the factory plastic guide rod once.. replaced it with steel.
Rubber mallet? No idea.

Can you post a picture of the front / barrel end? I don't even know how it's possible for the gun to end up in this condition.

^ This^
there's only, what 4 parts ? I can't fathom how it couldn't go together....All factory parts - Guide, springs, barrel ?

This gun doesn't have that kind of guide rod. It's a dual layer steel spring.
Yeah that's what I was thinking from looking at the pic. It looks like the end of a plastic guide rod that might be in my Gen 3 G19 (obviously, much shorter). Some type of aftermarket guide rod and spring setup????

This is my second G43 and I also have a G48 and have never seen anything like it. Barrel is stuck under the locking block and I've tried several times to free it. It's jammed.
20201002_162728[1].jpg

If you bought it from a pawn shop or gun store, there is "implied merchantability" in Oregon law. So you should be able to take it back and get a refund or have them pay for the correct part and repair.

If you bought it from a private party, you might be SOL.

If you bought it from a pawn shop or gun store, there is "implied merchantability" in Oregon law. So you should be able to take it back and get a refund or have them pay for the correct part and repair.

If you bought it from a private party, you might be SOL.
I bought it from a member here, today.

Just looked at my G48 EDC and the guide rod on that 43 looks correct. That jam is odd, never had one do that. I have a 43 as well. I am going to guess this happened during reassembly?

If it's jammed in there a phone call to Glock on Monday would be in order.

I played around with mine for a bit to see if I could replicate your problem and the only thing that came close was when I intentionally installed the recoil spring on the wrong "shelf" on the bottom of the barrel (on the lower "shelf" instead of the intended top "shelf"). Since you own a bunch of Glocks I doubt you did that intentionally (if this is actually the problem) but it may have slipped when you tried to reinstall the slide.

I also found this article which looks a lot like the condition your gun is currently in. Unfortunately, the article doesn't go into detail about how the gun was disassembled after the jam and only mentions taking it to a gunsmith.

I'll keep playing around with mine to see if I can get it to jam like yours and if I can I'll see about getting it apart.

Here's another post that apparently mimics your situation: Reddit Post

From the comments on that post it seems like a misplaced guide rod can lead to this situation. Further down the post someone outlines instructions on how to remove the slide in this condition - which entails taking off the rear plate and completely stripping the slide from the back.

Hopefully this helps.

Looks like the guide rod assembly wasn't positioned correctly during reassembly. I'd tap on the slide with a rubber mallet, with it upside down.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top