JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll own up to having this happen to myself. Don't remember which model, probably my gen 4 19, maybe my 33. The cause was not having the RSA fully seated on the barrel side. I believe I gave it a good smack on the rear of the slide with my palm so I could pull the trigger once in battery then had to give it a decent pull/push to remove the slide, just like normal but considerably more force. Entirely my fault.

But think of all the ammo you'll save.
I'll own up to having this happen to myself. Don't remember which model, probably my gen 4 19, maybe my 33. The cause was not having the RSA fully seated on the barrel side. I believe I gave it a good smack on the rear of the slide with my palm so I could pull the trigger once in battery then had to give it a decent pull/push to remove the slide, just like normal but considerably more force. Entirely my fault.
This is a bad part. It won't stay in the place where it belongs. Once your rack it a couple times it slips then moves around and jams.

Glad you got it all apart again! Sounds like an inexpensive RSA buy will fix any further issues. I hope it serves you well for many years and range trips!!:s0155:

Glocks Rule Man!:p

Glad you got it all apart again! Sounds like an inexpensive RSA buy will fix any further issues. I hope it serves you well for many years and range trips!!:s0155:

Glocks Rule Man!:p
Thanks, I was pretty surprised to find an issue. That was a first which is why this is my 5th Glock. Probably not my last.

So Midway USA has stepped their game up. I ordered a new GRA and magazine for the G43 today (Sunday) and within an hour or so I already received an email saying it has shipped. Not messing around.

Not gonna lie, when I first saw the pic, I was thinking, "how did he get the beans above the Frank"? :s0140:

09A78694-3DBB-4966-BD60-D4F2CA5CE227.jpeg

So i have a 43x that is about a year old. I have noticed that the recoil spring feels almost... spongy when i rack the slide. Also on reassembly the guide rod seems more loose than the one on my G19, like there is barrely any tension on it when i put it in. Its also not very accurate. I wonder if there is a similar problem with mine.

So i have a 43x that is about a year old. I have noticed that the recoil spring feels almost... spongy when i rack the slide. Also on reassembly the guide rod seems more loose than the one on my G19, like there is barrely any tension on it when i put it in. Its also not very accurate. I wonder if there is a similar problem with mine.
When you take it apart where is the GRA sitting? On the half-moon slot or above it on the flat? The GRA in a G43X is completely different than a G19 if it's a Gen3.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top