JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you should gently figure out how to get slide off. Inspect the recoil spring assembly. If it's not OEM then get an OEM. If it is, check the end that seats against barrel. Make sure it's not all dented and dinged up. If it isn't, then last thing would be to ensure it's seated in correct notch on barrel. It's easy to put it on the wrong spot. I've done it and had situations like yours. Good luck!

Thinking aloud here, not owning any Glocks (they're fine handguns).

Could one use a cut down dowel of the correct diameter?

Set said cut down down dowel on a STURDY bench, then re-compress that spring?

Mayhaps jogging a portion of it so it won't pop rite back out?

Then proceed with re-take down?

This gun doesn't have that kind of guide rod. It's a dual layer steel spring.

The guide rod should have no way of sticking out of the hole in the slide like that. I've seen a few botched reassemblies but not that one.
Cut the stop/knob of the guide rod off? It's plastic, should be easy. Just spitballing here.....

This is kind of what my 320 did where some how managed to pop out of the housing in the slide to which all SIG did was put a washer at the end or as they called it "retainer nut". Only mine wasn't completely locked up like that. I'd say cut the end and just buy a new OEM spring to put in it then double check for any non OEM parts last owner may have swapped out with.

The guide rod should have no way of sticking out of the hole in the slide like that. I've seen a few botched reassemblies but not that one.
Cut the stop/knob of the guide rod off? It's plastic, should be easy. Just spitballing here.....

That is what I would do and was suggested to the OP, earlier in this thread. There are plenty of worse ways to F up a gun, not the end of the world and RSA's are not all that expensive to replace.

Can you take tenistion off the jammed up parts and pull the trigger to get the block out from under the barrel. From the side view the trigger looks way too far forward to me.

When this happened the first time it corrected by playing with it so I grabbed a brand new guide rod I had here for my G48. When placing it in the correct half-moon slot and then in the gun it came out of place AFTER it was reassembled from racking it so this is not user error and both guide rods fit the same. No matter how I reassembled it, when taking the slide off the guide rod assembly just fell out of the gun on it's own (which happened several times as I was trying to recreate the issue since I saw it the first time because it made me nervous and wanted to know how bad it was). Right now even if I get it apart it appears to be a complete POS. I bought this because I need a gun this size (not for fun, I needed this) and was just offered a new job yesterday so I spent my savings to celebrate to get what I needed. This is embarrassing.

When this happened the first time it corrected by playing with it so I grabbed a brand new guide rod I had here for my G48. When placing it in the correct half-moon slot and then in the gun it came out of place AFTER it was reassembled from racking it so this is not user error and both guide rods fit the same. No matter how I reassembled it, when taking the slide off the guide rod assembly just fell out of the gun on it's own (which happened several times as I was trying to recreate the issue since I saw it the first time because it made me nervous and wanted to know how bad it was). Right now even if I get it apart it appears to be a complete POS. I bought this because I need a gun this size (not for fun, I needed this) and was just offered a new job yesterday so I spent my savings to celebrate to get what I needed. This is embarrassing.

Where are you located? Asking to see if there are any of us close to you to maybe try and help......

Where are you located? Asking to see if there are any of us close to you to maybe try and help......
For now it's a paperweight. I will just wait for Glock and I have also been out to Estcada to have work done by everyones favorite gunsmith so I might go that route too. Thanks

Man that sucks :(. Since it sounds like you've made sure to assemble it correctly I'm wondering if you have a bum barrel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top