JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've done this a couple times now. The guide rod has moved off the barrel slightly and jammed up the works.
some creative tapping with a soft face dead blow and a thin dental pick did the trick.

I've done this a couple times now. The guide rod has moved off the barrel slightly and jammed up the works.
some creative tapping with a soft face dead blow and a thin dental pick did the trick.
Thanks for the reply but I don't fully understand. And even if I get it off what would prevent this from happening again after the correction?

As @Kruel J mentioned the rod wasn't fully seated properly. Causes these things to lock up tight.
I've noticed if it's off just a little bit from the seat they will jam.
458DDC1A-9937-4524-8887-C5A200CF613B.jpeg

As @Kruel J mentioned the rod wasn't fully seated properly. Causes these things to lock up tight.
View attachment 757512
[/QUOTE
View attachment 757512
Then I would have to say the gun was manufactured wrong and Glock sent out a lemon and the original 2 owners figured it out and passed it along to me instead of going to Glock so now it's out of warranty. The spring came out of place just by racking it and then when it's on the next step up above the half-moon slot the spring assembly isn't long enough and simply falls off with zero effort.

I would still try and get the slide off. Then maybe compare your barrel with a fellow member's barrel. If there is indeed something wrong with the barrel, you could buy a replacement one. If you send it to Glock, they may or may not pay for shipping. They may or may not be able to get it back to you in a timely manner, with COVID and all. Lastly, they could send it back saying they found nothing wrong and it was operator error.

At any rate, whatever you choose, is going to cost you time and/or money.....

View attachment 757512
This right here! I have owned several GLocks of various models. If you don't make sure that RSA is seated correctly every time, it is a recipe for disaster! Hope it all gets worked out for you but, don't give up on the gun itself.

Ok, clearly @Bushman is serious. So I shall give you $100, two boxes of 9mm, three Remington Thunderbolt rounds that have been rolling around on the floorboard of my car since last winter and dollop of freshly harvested lent from my bellybutton. That is my final offer though! :D

$101, two boxes of 9mm Premium JHP AND aged belly button lint, aged at least 10 years. But that's not all, ACT NOW and I'll throw in not one, but TWO gummy bears. The red and gree ones, not the yellow ones THIS guy would give you. Also consider that he is probably voting for Biden. :s0114:

Well looks like a bought a lemon today. I just picked up a used Glock 43 that has no visible wear on it. When I got home and simply took the slide off to put oil on it I attempted to put it back together and this happened twice and now it seems that it's stuck this way. The spring basically fell out when removing the slide as well. Can anyone offer some advice and how to get it apart and what I'm supposed to do once I do. This thing appears to be a piece of garbage.

View attachment 757377

Being brand new to you, I'd try the tapping suggestions and see if you can get it working

Or I would take it to someone that is a pro like @Velzey or if he has too long of a wait time I'd go across the bridge and have @NWCustomFirearms take a look at it for defects.

just my 2¢

I really hope that the seller didn't do this on purpose.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the seller probably sold the gun in good faith and working order. If the RSA is the causing issue, it had to do with improper installation by the individual that took it apart. Sometimes things just happen.:cool:

Well last night after not touching it for hours I gave it one more try before just waiting to talk to Glock on Monday and finally got it apart. I grabbed the end of the GRA with my hands and pulled it out, tipped the gun upside down and lifted the barrel out from behind the locking block and then pulled the trigger and the slide assembly instantly popped forward off the frame. I had a spare guide rod assembly here for my G48 to compare and went back and forth between them looking for answers and have come to the conclusion the the one that Glock shipped with this gun is bad even though the gun appears to be almost new. The second owner said the original owner shot 50 rounds through it but the feed ramp is flawless and so is the extractor so I'm not sure that's true. I sat and directly compared both guide rod assemblies and there is no visible issues that you can see with the naked eye but when my new GRA is in the gun I can rack the gun 20 times and take the slide off and it's still sitting in the half-moon slot where it belongs and maintains correct tension. With the GRA that came with the gun I can rack it less than 5 times and take the slide off and it literally falls on the ground with no help. My conclusion is it must have been manufactured at less than a millimeter too short and is simply a bad part, I don't think the barrel or frame is bad. I got my G48 out also to compare and now they appear to be the same with the new GRA.

The barrel appears to be protubing a bit too. So is the barrel pushing on the spring or is the spring pushing the barrel? I tend to think that cutting the guide rod will not do much to ease the situation. Could the barrel actually be turned a bit so that the "high" end be causing the pushing out? Thinking out the options
Everything came out of place which is why it looks like that. Not the barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top