Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Glock G26 interchangeable with any other caliber?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Nanavic97, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Nanavic97

Nanavic97 Oregon, United States Member

My husband just bought me a new G26 :D I can't explain how exited I am! On to my question - I saw a guy take a barrel out of one glock I think a .357sig, and put another barrel/mag into it I think a 9mm. Does anyone know if a
    G26 is interchangeable with any other caliber?

Thanks in advance!

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

The only conversion that is advisable would be to a 22 long rifle for plinking. I wouldn't recommend converting to 40 or 357 sig because of the higher pressures involved. If you had a glock 27 (40 S&W), you could convert down to a 9mm, but not the other way around. The 27 has an additional pin to handle extra load...

Just my 0.02

Having said that, congratulation on a great new firearm! (I can't decide if your husband is awesome for buying you a G26 or if you are awesome for being thrilled with it! Let's do both...) I own a glock 26 and really love it. It has been my summer carry weapon for just about a decade now. I have never had a single FTF or FTE or failure to go bang! Great little guns!