JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock actually warns against shooting anything but factory ammo and says it voids warranty to do otherwise. They also recommend only jacketed ammo. Blah blah blah blah blah. It is their lawyers spew to cover their arses. Obviously shooting lead ammo without checking for leading can be a recipe for disaster over time. The unsupported chamber thing is no big deal if you do not reload. The reason I have aftermarket barrels is so I can reload my cases multiple times, it is not because my hardcast loads lead the stock barrel. Properly sized cast bullets with the right brinell hardness will not lead a factory Glock barrel in my experience.

If you're making your own bullets and understand what it takes to get them right for your gun, cast lead bullets can work fine in the stock barrel. I've shot thousands of rounds through a stock Glock .40 with no problems, no leading. Now that I powder coat I have absolutely no worries at all.

If you'll be buying commercially cast bullets or have concerns about it, by all means an aftermarket barrel is probably the best option.

I'm glad to see rational discussion here. I've seen some people go nuts when the subject of cast and Glock comes up. I remember one guy angrily telling me he gauranteed I was going to blow my gun up.

The Storm Lake barrel I dropped in has regular cut groove and land rifling and is labeled for cast bullets on their site,so that was the way I went.
I still feel the leading issue I had was due in part too the polygonal rifling used by glock, about 1000 rounds of cast loads and the last time out, shooting 18 rounds at a set within 30-35 seconds. Makes for a fairly hot barrel spitting out a non jacketed slug. Basic science!
12 inch plates at 40 yds had me struggling.

I don't know how good bear creek arsenal barrels but they have them on sale at good price. 69.95 non threaded and threaded is 79.99

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top