JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am kinda looking at getting a barrel for my Glock 17 so I can shoot lead bullets out of it. There are so any companys offering them and I just do know what to get. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

I've owned and used Lone Wolf (both their standard and their Alpha Wolf) threaded, conversion, threaded conversion barrels. I also have 2 Silencerco threaded barrels.

Unless you have a particular purpose, any barrel will work. LWD is the least expensive and thus the best place to start.

I want just a standard 17 barrel. I started using it in speed steel and to keep my cost down I want to shoot my cast loads. I have a double diamond conversion Barrel for my 23. It is noticably more accurate than my 17 stock barrel. So that's what I'm looking for I guess something I can shoot cast out of and a little tighter groups. I have seen prices from $99 -300 so I guess what am I getting if I pay more? Haha.

Not enough to care about, IMO. I think you should go for the look you prefer. Faxon Firearms is making Glock barrels now, too. You can get any barrel TiN coated, chromed, even Cerakoted. You can find them fluted, even flush and crowned. Pick a look, and go for it.

Or just pick a price.

i shoot 1000s of hard cast lead out of my factory glock barrel. never had a problem.

have recently bought a threaded lone wolf barrel for suppressor use though. have had good luck with it so far

i shoot 1000s of hard cast lead out of my factory glock barrel. never had a problem.

have recently bought a threaded lone wolf barrel for suppressor use though. have had good luck with it so far
Me too. I guess it's a simple way for Glock to do it.. you're not supposed to shoot reloaded ammo in their guns and to my knowledge there's no lead factory 9mm for all intents and purposes so there ya go.
Over at Castboolits.com, ever swangin dick shoots lead outa their factory Glocks with good results.

I dropped in a Storm Lake barrel after doing some research, so far so good, I throw my own bullets as well.
I am getting away from tumble lube and going to all powder coat. That will be a big help and it is a easy process.
You might want to try that prior to buying a barrel.
What fouled by barrel was those strings when I first started SS that were taking near 18 shots! lots of heat in the barrel! We are beyond that now.
Give me a shout if you wanna talk powder coat.

With polymer 80 glocks everywhere there are new Glock barrels popping up everyday. I've been looking at a few different brands myself for suppressing my glocks and I'm overwhelmed with choices. There are a lot out there that are great and some bad apples. I watched a video the other day I'll try and find to link here where the threaded barrel by a reputable company was virtually crap as the threads were way off causing users to have pretty bad baffle strikes.

Glock never specifically banned lead bullets in their guns. They ban reloaded ammo. Glock chambers are "loose" at the rear compared to standard chambers. This is to ensure reliable extraction. There is a significant area of the case left unsupported as well. This is by design to ensure complete chambering.

This unsupportwd area is the cause of the famous "Glock smile" found on cases fired in a Glock chamber. The pistol was designed for military use where utter reliability was far more important than getting the absolute last bit of accuracy. Additionally, no military uses reloaded rounds so cases are always full strength when fired. You don't have the issue of a weakened previous fires case being chambered with the weak area lined yp with the unsupported area of the chamber leading to a potential "ka-boom".

Others in the gun world have discussed the "fact" that polygonal rifling leads more than other profiles (I'm not sure I agree in properly maintained guns using probably sized and hardened lead bullets). Folks have confused these two "conversations" and now the line has become "Glock says no lead" rather than the correct "Glock says no reloads".

I'm on my phone so don't have access right now, but I have good pictures that illustrate this and will put them up tonight if someone else does not beat me to it.

Because the lead in Glock barrels argument has never made sense to me, I too have fired many hard cast lead rounds through Glocks. But once I learned the prohibition was for all reloads because of chamber design I stopped using my factory barrel except for new loads. I picked up a second barrel with a standaed chamber that better supported chamber for my reloads (lead or otherwise). These barrels are inexpensive and with modern manufacturing drop right in so why not?

Cheeses.....I took a brief surf to the land of Glock supported/un-supported chamber forum land. After some brief reading it would appear Glock still has "Less supported" chambers to aid dependable feeding, AND, Glock fixed that less supported chamber thing 12, or 15(?) years ago.

I don't own a Glock, and I think it will stay that way! Youse guys that love 'em will have more for you then. :D

Cheeses.....I took a brief surf to the land of Glock supported/un-supported chamber forum land. After some brief reading it would appear Glock still has "Less supported" chambers to aid dependable feeding, AND, Glock fixed that less supported chamber thing 12, or 15(?) years ago.

I don't own a Glock, and I think it will stay that way! Youse guys that love 'em will have more for you then. :D
I think they are the 10-22 of the handgun world.. you are required to install unnecessary parts on it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top