JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I just bought a slightly used G45 that already came with suppressor height night sights and a Holsun 509T red-dot. I am thinking about what to do next as far as upgrades are concerned. I have a few things in mind but am curious what folks here think:

- Magazines/ammo (already bought 6 mags and 2000 rounds)
- Trigger (Zev/Agency/etc)- would love recs here
- Weapon light (this gun will be used for home defense)
- KKM Match barrel+Comp

Bear in mind I am not in a major rush to spend tons as i just got the gun and do want to get used to it as it is, but hey, its always fun to think about ways to make these things more trick.

Related(ish) training: would love some recs for handgun and rifle training in SW Washington or the greater Portlandish area.

Cheers!

Is it going to be a carry gun or a range toy? The purpose behind the gun would dictate what upgrades I did.

By the way the G45 is my favorite Glock by far. Good score.

Carry Glock 45-
Haley Strategic 13 irons
Kagwerks slide release
Surefire x300

Bedside Glock 45-
Kagwerks slide release
Surefire X300
Slide milled for an Acro
Suppressor height irons
Possibly a barrel and comp
Once I can find one - An Aimpoint ACRO P2

Internals stay stock.

Last Edited:
Use the gun as it is for awhile, then prioritize the upgrades based on your experience with it and your preferences.
That said, the overwatch precision flat (TAC) triggers are pretty good.

Just put a Johnny Glock trigger in my Glock 43X, everyone said it was amazing… I'm not impressed. I do know Timney is in the Glock game, they make a good product (no first hand experience).

as far as light goes, I'd look at the Streamlight TLR7A, half the price of the X300 and works great.
buy more mags Since you're in Wa and the pending law.

SF X300U
I like putting the Vickers/Tango Down slide stop and mag release on all my Glocks
Holsters:
Safariland 6360, I update mine with their QLS system, Centrifuge Negative Cant Plate Equipment Mount and OT Defense Nub
I also have a RCS Roland Special Phantom
If it is an MOS model I'd replace their crappy optics plate with an FCD (1st choice if available) or CHPWS version.

Buy 1000 rounds of good ammo, and shoot it. Then get another 1000 rounds. Shoot it. Maybe even get some training. I've shot enough to be comfortable, but I like to take a class now and then, just because. Practice, practice, practice.

I've got 'a few' Glocks in the house. No, the triggers aren't like my Springfield Operator 1911 but they are actually very consistent, and they aren't what limits my abilities with my pistols. I've got 5lb factory connectors and Meprolight sights in all mine. Before you look for what to spend your hard earned money on, I'd run the heck out of it, and then decide what needs changing....if anything. Don't worry, you won't wear it out.

As they say, one man's opinion.....

Just put a Johnny Glock trigger in my Glock 43X, everyone said it was amazing… I'm not impressed. I do know Timney is in the Glock game, they make a good product (no first hand experience).

as far as light goes, I'd look at the Streamlight TLR7A, half the price of the X300 and works great.
buy more mags Since you're in Wa and the pending law.
Love my timney in my g40 and g19! Best glock trigger I've shot to date

Washington just passed the magazine limit; buy as many full sized magazines as you think you'll need in your lifetime and your kids lifetime.

There are two parts that I put on any new to me Glock. An OEM extended slide release and an OEM extended mag release. Give it a 25 cent trigger job.
I've seen too many people take a perfectly good gun and ruin it by 'improving' it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hi all,

I just bought a slightly used G45 that already came with suppressor height night sights and a Holsun 509T red-dot. I am thinking about what to do next as far as upgrades are concerned. I have a few things in mind but am curious what folks here think:

- Magazines/ammo (already bought 6 mags and 2000 rounds)
- Trigger (Zev/Agency/etc)- would love recs here
- Weapon light (this gun will be used for home defense)
- KKM Match barrel+Comp

Bear in mind I am not in a major rush to spend tons as i just got the gun and do want to get used to it as it is, but hey, its always fun to think about ways to make these things more trick.

Related(ish) training: would love some recs for handgun and rifle training in SW Washington or the greater Portlandish area.

Cheers!
Buy a sig P320, LMFAO
Screenshot 2019-08-24 at 10.56.18 AM.png

The extended Glock slide catch is dependent on the individual.
I don't use or need one.

I like the OEM mag release on Gen4 and Gen5
On Gen3 I find that the Vickers mag release is the perfect length for me.
It's between OEM standard and OEM extended.

The extended Glock slide catch is dependent on the individual.
I don't use or need one.

I like the OEM mag release on Gen4 and Gen5
On Gen3 I find that the Vickers mag release is the perfect length for me.
It's between OEM standard and OEM extended.
As a left handed shooter, shooting a Gen 5 I find myself riding the slide release (never had the issue until they came out with the ambi slide lock). The kagwerks slide lock fixed that problem for me and is now on all my Gen 5s.

461F36A6-4B98-4D04-BD80-7C882C3E99B5.jpeg