JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I pretty much concur with most of the above. Ext. slide release and lock, but while ext. mag releases might be "nice", I've had and heard too many stories of inadvertent mag releases from them. Like a tight holster or bit of belt or clothing accidentally engaging the release.

I "do" like me a custom rear plate. Rockyourglock allows you to upload your own graphic/text file on a custom plate that's pretty cool.

I would go along with a suppressor (OEM threaded). I'm one too that discourages going with those third-party... so called "performance barrels".

Other than sights and externals... I would leave it alone. I agree with @solv3nt. There isn't much point to spending bucks to upgrade a cheap gun... and even less a point as you're just as likely to mess up the function and reliability aspects . Especially on your "go to" SD firearm.... it begs the questions, "why!?"

... I've had and heard too many stories of inadvertent mag releases from them. Like a tight holster or bit of belt or clothing accidentally engaging the release.
I noticed that right away and trimmed down the mag release until that stopped. It's still much easier to use than the factory part. Any file will work on it, probably even a nail file.

I guess I'm in the odd ball camp of enjoying the upgrades on my cheap gun….

I hate slide cuts and all the Gucci stuff. But I will always run a magwell, aftermarket irons, a RDS on some, Kagwerks slide stop, and a comp. Almost everyone of my Glocks get all of this. Minus the RDS.

To each their own.

I hate slide cuts and all the Gucci stuff. But I will always run a magwell, aftermarket irons, a RDS on some, Kagwerks slide stop, and a comp. Almost everyone of my Glocks get all of this. Minus the RDS.

To each their own.
Other than the comp, the sights, side stop, etc are pretty reasonably upgrades. That said, a comp requires a new barrel that's over 20% of the original purchase price.

To each their own.
Does the comp make a good flash, effecting night shooting?

Other than the comp, the sights, side stop, etc are pretty reasonably upgrades. That said, a comp requires a new barrel that's over 20% of the original purchase price.
That just means you can list it for 20% more right? Lol

I like night sights, a light, a grip plug with the disassembly tool thingy. If it's not a Glock factory OEM part, I don't mess with internal parts. Finally, an extended Glock OEM slide hold open.

A nice holster and a good belt is a must…… but I digress.

Sounds to me like you've got your Glock right where you want it so no need to just throw money at it. I can see fixing a problem or making an improvement but if it's boring then it's just right. I have a bunch of guns that are boring. With my ammo they work every time and are deadly accurate, boringly so. These are also my most favorite guns I can grab this gun, this ammo can and shoot away until, you guessed it, I get bored. Then it's on to the next one. My suggestion would be to get a new gun in a different caliber. Glocks are good for what they are but maybe try a 1911 if you like to tinker on guns. Lots of choices out there. My current infatuation is with CZ's and Sigs. Good luck and have fun.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top