JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,
I have googled this, and get a variety of answers that don't really explain this to me. Why can this piston not be imported or sold in the US? It neither has a overly large mag capacity, nor a high powered cartridge. Isn't it essentially a .380 version of the glock 17?

Personally, I'd love to own one, but it seems weird that it's banned!
Thanks for the input.
Chris

I heard that it was made for commie, or dictator, or military controlled countries, so that if you live there and are somehow allowed to have an weapon at all, it is not something that fires a military ball caliber.
Does not make an ounce of sense why it is not sold here.

Couple nice articles there, thanks! I did find one that actually broke down the BAT(bubblegum)FE points system in a way that mad sense. Well, as much sense as such an arbitrary scoring criteria for firearms CAN make sense. It'd still be nice to get one. Now the Glock facility in Smyrna Georgia, are they actually manufacturing there or is it just a HQ and distribution hub? If they are, couldn't they make the 25 here, thus bypassing the BATFE's import criteria?

Now the Glock facility in Smyrna Georgia, are they actually manufacturing there or is it just a HQ and distribution hub? If they are, couldn't they make the 25 here, thus bypassing the BATFE's import criteria?

Answer is because if it was to be made here they couldn't use the tenifer Glocks are known for. Has to do with environmental issues. Look it up. ;)

A better question would be, why would you want a ".380 version of the Glock 17"?

For my Wife. I like .380 just fine, and in warm weather, a Ruger LCP is my daily carry. I do prefer 9mm, and have a G17. But I think she would like the lighter recoil of a .380 on a heavier frame like that. I think it'd be fun to shoot, and the 15+1 mag cap appeals to me.

For my Wife. I like .380 just fine, and in warm weather, a Ruger LCP is my daily carry. I do prefer 9mm, and have a G17. But I think she would like the lighter recoil of a .380 on a heavier frame like that. I think it'd be fun to shoot, and the 15+1 mag cap appeals to me.

It's strait blowback. I'd weiger that the 9mm of the same size would be more comfortable to shoot. Then there is the cost of ammo to consider.

It's because of the idiotic handgun importation points system that came about because of the GCA '68

copied and pasted from a thread on arfcom:
The BATFE point system:

To qualify for import, a pistol must score a total of 75 points.
CHARACTERISTICS POINTS

Length: for each 1/4" over 6" 1

Forged steel frame 15

Forged HTS alloy frame 20

Unloaded weight with magazine (per oz) 1

.22 short and .25 auto 0

.22 LR and 7.65mm to .380 auto 3

9mm parabellum and over 10

Locked breech mechanism 5

Loaded chamber indicator 5

Grip Safety 3

Magazine safety 5
Firing pin block or lock 10

External hammer 2

Double action 10

Drift adjustable target sight 10

Target grips 5

Target trigger 2

I'd snap up a Glock 25 in a minute if I could.

The .380 is an excellent choice for recoil-sensitive and beginning shooters. A bigger, heavier pistol makes it even friendlier to shoot.

The felt-recoil difference between a locked breech and blowback may be significant, but it's NOTHING compared to the huge difference in recoil between 9X17 vs. 9X19.

Finally, if you have to make your caliber choice based on ammo cost, you might want to focus more on your finances and less on your arsenal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top