Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

glock 22 info needed. Generations???

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mommabronco79, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mommabronco79

mommabronco79 McMinnville Member

Ok so here is my question. What is the difference in glocks. I have read that there are different "generations"? How do you know what you have? And is there a difference in prices for each generation? My husband had a glock model 22. I want to sell it, my uncle is interested, but I have no idea what to tell him for a price, or if I even want him to buy it. For now I have let him borrow it, just so he has some kind of firearm in the house, (psyco meth head soon to be ex-wife,) I have no desire to keep the gun. It was my husbands,(he passed away) and I prefer revolvers. But If I sell it to him, I worry about her getting a hold of it. She has broke in to his house twice allready.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Generator

Generator Bend Member

The biggest difference is in the grips,
    http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=339882
    There is a picture of the first 3 generations. post more info and pictures of your glock, the biggest factor in price is the wear on it. There are a few people who think a few of them are collectible, but I don't know much about that, what I have read is that it is very rare to have a Glock that is very rare.

J&G sales has some used ones up for sale, its a good place to judge your gun against for price, just remember that J&G charges shipping and an FFL wants $15-25 for a transfer fee and $10 for a background check, so that adds up on top of their price.

3. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

16i5clt.jpg

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Used glocks with the box and goodies,but no extras are about $450-500 at some stores.
    A 20 or 21 with extra mags may bring a little more,because the mags can be hard to find.But a regular 22 can be had pretty easy.

Oh and get a bill of sale from him so when she does steal it,you are in the clear.

5. mommabronco79

mommabronco79 McMinnville Member

Thanks for all the info. You people ROCK. I did get the glock back from my uncle. Just not comfortable selling it to him. I do not approve of his lifestyle, and so I am going to post it here for sale. Again thanks for all the info.

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Very good of you.Excuse me,commendable.
    McMinville is kinda small,hope he doesn't hear of this and give you some bubblegum.