JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a Glock 20 6" barrel to run in my Gen 4 Glock 21. I will be running mid range 10mm handloads through it and have seen different recommendations for recoil spring rates. Anywhere from stock Glock 21 spring up to 24lb spring. For those who have run 10mm in your Glock 21, what spring rate(s) did you end up using?

Last Edited:
Interested in any info in this regard as well.. Will your slide and mags need to be changed as well?
I decided to run a factory dimension but aftermarket G20 barrel instead of buying a G21 10mm conversion barrel in my G21 slide. That way if I decide to sell it later on it will work in both the G20 and G21 slides. The G20 barrel will fit and function (for range toy use anyways) in the G21 slide. The G21 barrel will not fit in the G20 slide since the G21 barrel hood is slightly too wide.

I wanted the 6" length barrel so I can use it on the 100yd rifle range (6" min length for handguns on GP rifle range).

I did pick up a couple of G20 mags in a trade about a month ago. G21 mags will not hold 10mm rounds very well. Some people have had to add some spring tension to their mags to get certain heavy/hot loads to feed well. Hoping I don't encounter those types of feed problems.

This is just a range toy project and I am too cheap to buy a G20 pistol to play with 10mm.

The stock G20 10mm recoil spring is 17 lbs and works fine for most loads.
20-22 lbs is the typical spring used for stronger loads - with the 20 lb being a nice balance, in my view.
Buffalo Bore, and similar very hot loads work best with 22-24 lbs.

Personally, I'm not crazy about 24 lb having mild arthritis since it can be a lot harder to operate the slide.

Last Edited:
To add to this thread rather than create anew:

Regarding Glock barrel hoods, I have the 40 MOS and want a 9mm and 357 SIG (emphasis) barrel conversion but are nowhere to be found. Lone Wolf did produce some but discontinued due "low demand". I found some 6.02" 9mm Glock brand barrels but they say it "will only fit the G23/ 35 models". I almost jumped on it but decided to research the "only fit....models".

I cannot seen to find any concrete information on barrel hood dimension. Are the 40 SW and 10mm hoods significant?
Also, since the 9mm barrel in question is a conversion for 40 SW/ 357 SIG slides, that means the barrel OD is thicker, yes? Anyone know? I do not own a caliper nor do i have my G17 and 40 in front of me to measure with a ruler.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads