JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
trade gun freedom for religious freedom... what could go wrong.
No, not really. They let you buy beer, and bars are open, on Sundays now! And there's more than three "Other" churches in the Salt Lake Valley now. And brew pubs. It's one helluva better place to raise a kid than anywhere close to the population centers in Oregon. That's for damned sure! And I'll take a guess here? Those Mormons are way less judgmental than city dims here in Oregon. Oh yeah, they have police there. And a prison. That they actually put criminals in!!

They let you buy beer, and bars are open, on Sundays now! And there's more than three "Other" churches in the Salt Lake Valley now.
that was all I needed to hear.

That said I might agree with you they are less judgemental than many Portlanders.

Same time they were passing anti gun bills they want criminals with guns and violent crime to get less prison time. It's racist

3BDF24D9-B2F8-413D-8284-499830AB3A82.jpeg

No, not really. They let you buy beer, and bars are open, on Sundays now! And there's more than three "Other" churches in the Salt Lake Valley now. And brew pubs. It's one helluva better place to raise a kid than anywhere close to the population centers in Oregon. That's for damned sure! And I'll take a guess here? Those Mormons are way less judgmental than city dims here in Oregon. Oh yeah, they have police there. And a prison. That they actually put criminals in!!
I'm thinking @Mikej is reasonably accurate here. My wife & I have considered bugging out of Oregon 'cause of liberal destruction. I'm native southern OR but wife is from Wyoming, her folks are there, mine are gone. Considered a move there but the weather can be challenging (ain't gonna get coastal influence like here). But, I checked out Utah as well. Yep, perhaps might encounter religious challenges, then again perhaps not as I understand things have changed a wee bit. And, I like the preparedness mindset of the Mormon folks.

But, I checked out Utah as well. Yep, perhaps might encounter religious challenges, then again perhaps not as I understand things have changed a wee bit. And, I like the preparedness mindset of the Mormon folks.
For me I put the 1st Amendment as just as important as the 2nd Amendment.
The good part about Utah is at least their religiously dominated legislation seems isolated to their state unlike gun control so Id venture to guess they are the lesser of two evils. That said, I do appreciate the preparedness mindset of religious communities even if probably for different motivations....

With my mothers death 2 weeks ago I find that there is absolutely nothing holding me in Washington anymore.

Where is a good gun friendly state that I can take my tax money to that has a similar climate?

2A friendly for at least another 15 to 20 years before the creeping rot sets in.
Sorry to hear about your mom, Robert. With our daughter and her family moving away also, we're now looking at moving south. I'll always love Washington, but so much of the natural beauty here has been trashed --- literally. We're looking at Tennessee, Arkansas, Carolinas... and I refuse to move to a state that taxes military retirement pay.

Lgs was as busy as a one legged man in a pie eating contest this morning.
Uppers and complete AR type pistols/rifles seemed to be the preferred purchase.
Lgs was as busy as a one legged man in a pie eating contest this morning.
I thought the saying was, "as busy as a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest".

Yes it was passed in state senate already. There is HB 1130 that state house needs to vote on before it makes to the governor's desk.

I've been watching the Washington Gun Law channel on YouTube for awhile. He's pretty good on informing and explaining what the proposed laws are and the unfortunate outcomes will be. This latest one that passed the WA State House ... it basically picks apart rifles and components until there is basically nothing left of your rights. Quite amazing, like a runaway train. The lawmakers are really trying to get votes at the expense of our Constitutional rights. And the "we have to do something" crowd is completely oblivious and apathetic to this as they have been trained that if you stop "assault weapons" then somehow violence will immediately stop and all the criminals will suddenly behave. And then they wash their hands of it and feel good about themselves. That is really sick.....punish the law abiding citizens and pretend to stop the criminal's actions. Amazing!
here is the problem the voter base isn't allowed to vote on these bills they are all crafted and passed behind closed doors ,all paid for by the tax payer and most of the post here are correct no one pays attention tills it's a done deal all of it is unconstitutional the part ( shall not be infringed ) (shall not be considered ) is more like it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top