JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know this have probably been done to death, but have been thinking about getting a FFL have paid out about 160 or this year along on Gun transfers and have paid full price for guns, I know that there is a break both side, have a couple friends that have also been on the band wagon, so how hard is it and is it worth the process? Any info would be greatly appricated. I have went on the ATF website and ordered forms so that is where I'm at.......Thanks forward......Ray

I was thinking about doing the same, but when I got the forms and read through everything it looked like you had to be a "business" for profit to get it. That, along with the fact that the ATF has the right to show up at any time to take a look at how the firearms are being stored, and your paperwork added up to me deciding it wasn't worth the trouble.

There are plenty of FFL that work out of their living room. It is fairly easy to throw up a website and get a business license. No idea on the FFL rules though.

You do need to be in business. your place of business is subject to inspection. So if you work out of your house, then they can come to your house and check on you. Once scheduled, once unscheduled, every year.

It isn't too bad fees wise, it is only $150 a year. Or you can get a C&R license (03 FFL). I dont remember the price but i am pretty sure it is cheaper. you are still subject to inspection though. C&R does not require you to be working as a business, but you cannot order just anything. it has to be on the C&R list.

You do need to be in business. your place of business is subject to inspection. So if you work out of your house, then they can come to your house and check on you. Once scheduled, once unscheduled, every year.

It isn't too bad fees wise, it is only $150 a year. Or you can get a C&R license (03 FFL). I dont remember the price but i am pretty sure it is cheaper. you are still subject to inspection though. C&R does not require you to be working as a business, but you cannot order just anything. it has to be on the C&R list.

$150? I though it was $500 for the first year, and if you do UNDER a certain $$$ of business it went down to $250 the next year.

I seem to remember reading something about the fact that if you do run the business from your home, it has to be properly zoned to be able to do so. Didn't understand it. Do you know anything about that?

Yes, you have to be zoned to be able to run a business from home. All local and state requirements have to been met.

Really it isn't worth it if you just want to add to your collection. the amount of paperwork, inspections, regulations and everything else kind of make the savings a wash.

I believe the $500 , $250 is pretty old. they revised the fees a few years back.

Yes, you have to be zoned to be able to run a business from home. All local and state requirements have to been met.

Really it isn't worth it if you just want to add to your collection. the amount of paperwork, inspections, regulations and everything else kind of make the savings a wash.

I believe the $500 , $250 is pretty old. they revised the fees a few years back.

So the fees are LESS?:s0001:

The fees for an 01 FFL is 200 dollars for 3 years. The SOT (Special Occupational Tax) is 500 dollars per year; this is what allows you to be a dealer in NFA.

You are much more patient than I. To all reading this thread....LEARN TO USE THE "SEARCH" FEATURE!!!!! Every question you are asking has been answered in previous threads AT LENGTH.

I just got back from coast and Thanks to all that Posted, I am awaiting Paperwork and will see how involved it is, filled out paperwork for Pentagon once and still wondering why, anyway Thanks again....Ray

Hey in this economy what do I have anyway, No Job, No Medicare (two young) Car running like crap, dog out of food, broken fishing pole, **** let them sue................

It takes quite a bit of money (or credit) to run a FFL effectively You have to buy in quantities to get deals otherwise the guys who do will always be able to beat your price and you wont get enough sales.

I will wait for the Papers, take a look, fiq. the bottom line and see what happens, you have entered a lot of neg. to the situation, I don't see tooooo many that say go get it....so either you have tried and it didn't work out, or someone you know has done it, and it didn't work out, or its not the way to go. I will post what happens - but Information is the Key to any decision making process, so thanks to one and all for the information....Ray

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top