JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like normal fire restrictions to me. Only new thing I see is the tracer/exploding target restriction, which seems like common sense. Being someone who grew up cutting firewood this is nothing new. I always carry an axe, shovel and at least a gallon of water when going into the woods regardless of fire restrictions.

EDIT: just saw on Tannerite's website that when mixed and used properly Tannerite will not start a fire. According to Tannerite some of the knock off brands are lower quailty or mixed wrong and can start fires which is why the FS has a restriction on its use during fire season.

Looks like normal fire restrictions to me. Only new thing I see is the tracer/exploding target restriction, which seems like common sense.

EDIT: just saw on Tannerite's website that when mixed and used properly Tannerite will not start a fire. According to Tannerite some of the knock off brands are lower quailty or mixed wrong and can start fires which is why the FS has a restriction on its use during fire season.

Same thing around here, water, shovel, and axe have been standard during summer for as long as I can remember. Didn't hear the new restrictions but I guess I never considered using those items during summer. We just had a fire caused by logging a few miles north of town and only a couple miles from the ocean. First non-slash burn fire to my recollection I ever heard of around these parts.

Same thing around here, water, shovel, and axe have been standard during summer for as long as I can remember. Didn't hear the new restrictions but I guess I never considered using those items during summer. We just had a fire caused by logging a few miles north of town and only a couple miles from the ocean. First non-slash burn fire to my recollection I ever heard of around these parts.

Have most of that all ready in there, did not even think as to why? opps, my bad, well then I guess and or hope this does some good out there for others.

Only ever had an issue once with state forest dude. Had a short, fox-hole folding shovel instead of the full sized. Fella was happy I had a 5 lb extinguisher as well as 5 gallons of water. Didn't know I was in violation at the time. Unlike some here, I don't have a problem enforcing the common sense stuff that most reasonable people already are thinking about. You don't own public land, we all own it. If you are a jqckass and burn it down, I'm gunna be pissed.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top