JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like normal fire restrictions to me. Only new thing I see is the tracer/exploding target restriction, which seems like common sense. Being someone who grew up cutting firewood this is nothing new. I always carry an axe, shovel and at least a gallon of water when going into the woods regardless of fire restrictions.

EDIT: just saw on Tannerite's website that when mixed and used properly Tannerite will not start a fire. According to Tannerite some of the knock off brands are lower quailty or mixed wrong and can start fires which is why the FS has a restriction on its use during fire season.

Looks like normal fire restrictions to me. Only new thing I see is the tracer/exploding target restriction, which seems like common sense.

EDIT: just saw on Tannerite's website that when mixed and used properly Tannerite will not start a fire. According to Tannerite some of the knock off brands are lower quailty or mixed wrong and can start fires which is why the FS has a restriction on its use during fire season.

Same thing around here, water, shovel, and axe have been standard during summer for as long as I can remember. Didn't hear the new restrictions but I guess I never considered using those items during summer. We just had a fire caused by logging a few miles north of town and only a couple miles from the ocean. First non-slash burn fire to my recollection I ever heard of around these parts.

Same thing around here, water, shovel, and axe have been standard during summer for as long as I can remember. Didn't hear the new restrictions but I guess I never considered using those items during summer. We just had a fire caused by logging a few miles north of town and only a couple miles from the ocean. First non-slash burn fire to my recollection I ever heard of around these parts.

Have most of that all ready in there, did not even think as to why? opps, my bad, well then I guess and or hope this does some good out there for others.

Only ever had an issue once with state forest dude. Had a short, fox-hole folding shovel instead of the full sized. Fella was happy I had a 5 lb extinguisher as well as 5 gallons of water. Didn't know I was in violation at the time. Unlike some here, I don't have a problem enforcing the common sense stuff that most reasonable people already are thinking about. You don't own public land, we all own it. If you are a jqckass and burn it down, I'm gunna be pissed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top