JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's your idea of "close"? Anything you can find is going to be at least an hour or more away from that area. Probably Brown's Camp is your best bet on that side of town, but again, that's a drive to get there. I live in the OC area, closer to the Mt Hood National Forest, but still a good 1+ hour drive to get anywhere it is safe and allowable to shoot. You really have to get some distance between the vast PDX metro area and yourself before you're going to find good spots to shoot. Best bet, if you want to save the drive, is to get on the waiting list for a local club - that's what I did after I got tired of not only driving to the public shooting spots, but running into some very questionable people in the process. Other option is to find someone to make friends with that has enough private property to shoot on.

Costco Tigard (Dartmouth St) to North Fork Wolf Creek rd is 52 minutes drive.

Super nice public range maintained by volunteers on this site.

4 lanes but only 1 100 yard though, so that would be occupied on a weekend. Weekdays it'd be best to get there early, to assure you can get to the 100.

Course given the weather lately, you might have luck on a weekend. Dunno.

Clark County Gun Club Vancouver Washington. They operate the English Pit rifle & pistol range.

www.englishpit.com. $16 per day 820 NE 192 Vancouiver, Wa.

English Pit is a crap hole. It is the smelly armpit of gun ranges. I hate that place, and it is NOT close to Tigard. Takes well over and hour to get there. For the time and money he's way better off going to North Fork Wolf Creek Rd.

When I lived in Newberg there was a gun range in the hills behind Dundee , I believe they are called the Chehalem Valley Sportsman club !
I have been to this one a couple of times recently with a friend who is a member. Nice range, 100 yard rifle. And some pistol bays. If I lived closer, I would be a member.

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club is 45 minutes form Tigard (if you go outside of high traffic times). I just signed up as a member and I live in Tigard because it seemed like the best option that was "closeish". It is members only unless you can get a member to take you as a guest.

Tri-County is really close, but membership will probably take you 2-3 years to get an invitation right now.

I emailed TCGC at the end of December and they replied that there are currently 900+ people on the waiting list and that if I signed up NOW, I might be accepted by the end of next year

Wow, cool. I put my name on the waiting list the middle of last year. I was told the wait was 2-3 years at that point. Getting in this year would be great.

Wow, cool. I put my name on the waiting list the middle of last year. I was told the wait was 2-3 years at that point. Getting in this year would be great.
Doesn't seem unreasonable to think so. I imagine a good percentage of people on the waitlist, aren't willing to pony up the funds, once the time comes and things of that nature.

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club is 45 minutes form Tigard (if you go outside of high traffic times). I just signed up as a member and I live in Tigard because it seemed like the best option that was "closeish". It is members only unless you can get a member to take you as a guest.

Tri-County is really close, but membership will probably take you 2-3 years to get an invitation right now.

...Douglas ridge has some nice long distance for rifle as well...jealous!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top