JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay so long story short the first handgun I ever bought has a single small streak on the front because my stupid self got the wrong holster and forced it in anyway (trust me lesson learned for life).

Anyway now the streak is exposed metal where the finish was rubbed off. Where in Vancouver might I go to have this fixed and how much might it cost if you know?

No idea if they sell the material for home use but unless it's super idiot proof I'm not too confident it will come out nice.

What kind of metal and what kind of finish? I've had good results with small imperfections on blued steel with Birchwood Casey Super Blue. It doesn't match exactly but it looks better than a shiny scratch on a dark finish.

Last Edited:
Brownells has various touch up products that I would try first. Otherwise, if you are really picky about colors and that sort of thing, a complete reblue is the only way to keep everything matching.

Stainless Steel Nitron finish. Here is the defect.
20171223_075619.jpg

That sucks, I was hoping it was just a small part that I could throw in with my next batch of bluing. The birchwood casey black pens are probably going to be the cheap fix like Jbett98 says. Because it is SS then the cold blue will not work and please do not use a sharpie (yes I have had guns come in with the "Sharpie fix" lol)The only thing I can think of would be a full cerakote on the slide to get everything to match. If the cheaper fix does not work then shoot us a message and we will see what we can do.

Nitron is a vapor deposited finish, nothing is going to match the original. Its stainless, so you could bead blast the slide and have a classic two tone look, or refinish the whole slide. Otherwise it will always be a blem. You may check with Sig to see how much to refinish, as you will get a factory finish vs aftermarket, if that matters, esp if you think you will ever sell it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top