JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been doing a LOT of these lately . Cut and threads for customers on new mark 4 takeoffs. Ive had quite a few of these for a while but Ive always been hesitant to cut and and thread them because the Ruger steel is so soft its difficult to get a perfect job without refinishing. Ive worked on my technique on the lathe but I also invested in some bluing equipment. This is the end result.

RenderedImage.jpg
IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2554.jpg

Been doing a LOT of these lately . Cut and threads for customers on new mark 4 takeoffs. Ive had quite a few of these for a while but Ive always been hesitant to cut and and thread them because the Ruger steel is so soft its difficult to get a perfect job without refinishing. Ive worked on my technique on the lathe but I also invested in some bluing equipment. This is the end result.

View attachment 1808439
View attachment 1808440

View attachment 1808441
Can you give more details please? It looks like you're able to get the barrel off so it could be replaced. I've heard that's very difficult to do on the Ruger Mark series of pistols.

Had It been my upper I would have left it polished JMO
I'm more inclined to have the bling over the Blue
which I must say you did a very nice bluing job

Last Edited:
Can you give more details please? It looks like you're able to get the barrel off so it could be replaced. I've heard that's very difficult to do on the Ruger Mark series of pistols.
That is the original barrel in its receiver. Best way to do it without marring the receiver is to use a collet chuck in a 4 jaw . Cut, indicate off the bore and machine the threads.
Ive changed quite a few barrels mark 4 to other series. Its not that difficult . The tension on the barrel has to get addressed by machining it back to the receiver and since theyre glued in with Loctite just heating ito 450 or so with a torch and they unscrew.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top