JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There has often been ill-advised comment as to the quality of Indian-made replica firearms from Loyalist Arms and others in numerous gun fora. This is from a German poster on muzzleloadingforum.com - it needs reading carefully -

From Ike - I think you must understand, here in Germany, we do not have much things to choose from when it comes to guns.
We do not have TRS and/or TOW and if we try to order, they do not take PayPal plus the fact that gun parts could not be shipped outside US.

So the only options we have is either the (what ever it is) from Pedersoli, or any India made gun.
So if you like to have a 46" full size LLP - India made guns are your only choise.

I have been at the proofhouse to get the official test and proof on one of those India muskets that I have ordered for my brother. He and his men are reenacting the Ansbach-Bayreuth Troop of soldiers, send over to the AWI to fight for the British King.

Bad thing - since FEB this year, we have a new, stronger gun law in Germany. This also means new rules for the gun proof.

What they did was measureing the barrel, then they put 300 grain FF powder plus 2 patched round balls into the barrel and fired it from the musket 5 times!
They measured after each shot. Well the musket made it. Proofstamps on it tells you it is considered "Safe to shoot".
No cracks in the stock, no harms to the barrel – no harms to the breech plug - everything is fine.

I like the Indian made muzzle loaders that I have seen and shot.
To my eye , they look more like the firearm they are copying than many Italian "replicas"

The hand made parts on the Indian made guns are more in inline with how original locks and gun furniture looked.
The stocks are the biggest issue with the Indian made guns...it takes a lot of work to make the stock look more like European walnut or some sort of European hardwood.
Small complaint...as the guns are just fine for most folks.

Markings on the guns are more historically correct as well.

As for shooting...I have shot several Indian made guns...and I am still here and so are the guns.
Use safe loading and shooting practices and you will be fine.
Andy

Or course, you will have seen from capandball's movie I posted, that Hungary although a member of CIP, like Germany, applies different standards!!! BTW, a new capandball post incoming........

I guess that for most of you guys it's pretty much 'régi kalap', as we say here in flooded Alconbury/Budapest...but there just might be a few things you hadn't seen before - remember, this is in Hungary - for a start there are no Indians...;)

Here we are getting ready to hike into Rendezvous.
Well maybe we were told to "Get Lost"...:D
Andy
SML Hike.jpg

How come you guys, with the HUGE Covid problem, can still do this kind of thing? And us here, with none in our region, will be on Tier 4 lockdown from zero-clock sparrow fart on boxing Day?

I like the Indian made muzzle loaders that I have seen and shot.
To my eye , they look more like the firearm they are copying than many Italian "replicas"

The hand made parts on the Indian made guns are more in inline with how original locks and gun furniture looked.
The stocks are the biggest issue with the Indian made guns...it takes a lot of work to make the stock look more like European walnut or some sort of European hardwood.
Small complaint...as the guns are just fine for most folks.

Markings on the guns are more historically correct as well.

As for shooting...I have shot several Indian made guns...and I am still here and so are the guns.
Use safe loading and shooting practices and you will be fine.
Andy

I would like to know if these Indian made muskets use barrels made from tubing, or have they been bored from solid round bar???
James Kelly, retired metallurgist
metallurgist since 1963, Black powder shooter since 1954

i

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR