JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok I was at Cabelas yesterday saw the first Gen Shield 9mm and 40cal for $289.00. Would you hesitate to buy either. Would like feedback on both. I was very temped to buy the 9 since I have a FS 9.

I have seen Gen 1.0 Shields for as low as $219 online.

I got lucky a month ago when I found a 2.0 as new for $239 at Baseline Pawn.

Personally I would shop around before going the Bass Pro/Cabelas route.

20191013_085948.jpg

There really are not many differences between the 1.0 and 2.0 except about $100 in price. The trigger on the 2.0 is cleaned up a little but I'm not sure that its $100 dollars cleaned up.

E

I've been very pleased with my Shield and carry it a lot. But, as said, I'd shop around a bit as some really good deals can be had for the patient one!:s0155:

XYRprRo.jpg

I bought mine because I had to due to the low price and wasn't expecting much.

I'm mostly a wheel gun guy but I find myself carrying my Shield more and more. YMMV

Am happy with our Shields, both are gen 1. One is ported the other is the original. Paid under $250 for the ported performance center shield two years ago by stacking many discounts at cabelas thanksgiving sale. :s0115:

So... as has been said, shop around.
Also look for rebates like the $50 rebate from S&W below.:cool:
rebate

With regards to sub compacts in general...is a short sight radius'd, reduced capacity, greater recoiling, single stack'd gun that you can barely get your hand on, the weapon the you want to fight with and bet your life on? And particularly with considering all the shenanigans going on in our world today?

And maybe it is. That's a very honest question and one I can't answer for you. They are certainly nice to carry. But do you feel comfortable fighting with one if it came to that?

If you think you do, make absolutely certain you rent and try the model that you are intending to get. They can be downright uncomfortable to shoot, even in 9mm. Make sure you rent it before you put your money down as many people change their minds after they shoot one.

As for the Shield 1.0 and 2.0 specifically, both guns are quality weapons. 2.0 Triggers are better than 1.0 triggers. But an Apex trigger is still king. I'd take a 1.0 with an Apex in it over a 2.0 with a factory trigger. A 2.0 with an Apex in it, however, is chock full of awesome. I personally, would consider and Apex upgrade mandatory for the 1.0's. The 2.0 trigger I could live with. YMMV.

With regards to sub compacts in general...is a short sight radius'd, reduced capacity, greater recoiling, single stack'd gun that you can barely get your hand on, the weapon the you want to fight with and bet your life on? And particularly with considering all the shenanigans going on in our world today?

And maybe it is. That's a very honest question and one I can't answer for you. They are certainly nice to carry. But do you feel comfortable fighting with one if it came to that?

If you think you do, make absolutely certain you rent and try the model that you are intending to get. They can be downright uncomfortable to shoot, even in 9mm. Make sure you rent it before you put your money down as many people change their minds after they shoot one.

As for the Shield 1.0 and 2.0 specifically, both guns are quality weapons. 2.0 Triggers are better than 1.0 triggers. But an Apex trigger is still king. I'd take a 1.0 with an Apex in it over a 2.0 with a factory trigger. A 2.0 with an Apex in it, however, is chock full of awesome. I personally, would consider and Apex upgrade mandatory for the 1.0's. The 2.0 trigger I could live with. YMMV.
I've heard putting a aftermarket trigger in a carry gun is not a good idea. Because even if you have a justifiable shooting they'll go after your weapon if it's been modified from stock. Any truth to that just a curious question.

I carry a Gen 1 Shield in 9mm. I love it. It's easy to carry and I can shoot it pretty well at defensive distances (10 yards and less). I've had mine for about 3 years and I've never had any issues with it. My experience with .40 is that it's a little snappier and the 9mm Shield is just fine with 9 I can only imagine a .40 Shield would be a snappy little pistol.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews