JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this on another forum and thought it was an interesting subject. Any gear (hunting, fishing, backpacking, shooting footwear/clothing ect) that you have bought and regretted? Any you were pleasantly surprised with? The old adage "Buy nice or buy it twice" comes to mind...

I research my gear pretty well before buying because of my budget so a majority of my gear is minimalist and stuff I already know how to use.

Having said that... I might have bought a different hunting pack model. I'd stay with Badlands but after a few years of carrying it I don't really need the pistol pouches cuz I could add one to the belt. Everything else I love about it.

I'm generally on the cheap side when it comes to gear.
Sadly.

So I usually buy 3-4 times.
But everytime I spend a good amount of money on something it still doesn't satify my need, so I buy cheap and get a couple different ones I can go back and forth on

I had the advantage of getting to try out all the newest, latest and greatest gear made, and got paid to do it!:) I have been able to pick and choose my gear based on t is a experiences. Best gear period, my Salewa boots and outer wear. My Argentinean Moose Technique Artic parka and bibs, are still better then any thing currently offerd. My NorthFace base camp pack tent, and my Kelty RedCloud back pack are still the best. My old White Stag down sleeping bag and down jacket are also very very good all these years later! I don't really have gear I regret buying, but there were some things I prolly should have gotten, or got the " UpGrade" to, but all in all, I'm quite happy with every thing I Have! :)

I seem to have a fair number of belts. They're all really good quality. But just didn't quite work the way I needed them to. I'm now running an Ares Gear Aegis Enhance for EDC and CCW and a Ronin Taskforce Belt as my standard range belt.

And, of course, I have a few holsters that were mistakes. Wish there was a way around that. I really need to sell a couple but never seem to be motivated to screw with it.

I tend to have expensive tastes as my wife said just now as she left the house for work.

I think some error purchases were when I bought a cheap AR wrench.

I've been fortunate to have good standards for equipment and it's paid off by buying once and crying once.

I bought a really nice set of boots and I thought I wanted them insulated. They are so heavy and hot I can't even bring my self to wear them. I should of bought just some leather upper boots.

I bought 500rds of cheap 5.56 from Cabela's and was 99% sure it was brass and it was steel. Since this was supposed to be my baseline ammo I never dipped below, I was really pissed.

Often times when I buy something off Amazon, last thing was hand files, I never think to look at the size. Well the last hand files were about 3in long, just small. I'm not even sure a small stature person could work them.

Too many regrets to list: trendy gun parts, tents, backpacks, boots, rain gear, plate carriers, magazines, cold weather gear, cars, shoes. The one thing I have yet to regret is a gun purchase. I thought my Kimber 1911 might be a purchase I regretted, but after the initial break in I have no regerts.

Kit definitely related to age-of-person. What seemed like a perfectly good and logical good deal 30 years ago does not seem like a logical purchase for use today.

What worked years and years ago when I could run five miles within 30 minutes does not relate to today when I can only run 5 miles in my minds eye. Ouch! Yikes!

The only gun purchase I regretted was my first AR15... I paid $1500 for a Frankenbuild 20" rifle because it was the only AR15 in town back during the big fireARmageddon 5-6 years ago. Right after I bought it, I went to Portland and found way more tacticool rifles for a few hundred less. I ended up selling it to my cousin for a considerable loss.
My tastes in guns, especially ARs has changed considerably since then, and the parts on that rifle are actually pretty valuable. I believe it was a surplus upper.. It had a Colt A2 upper receiver with an FNMI 20" barrel. FNMI didn't sell those barrels to the civilian market, and only a few of them got out and are still around, so there's some definite value there.. the lower is Stinger Arms... which is the original Mega made before they really got into making AR parts... so there is some value there too.
Now my only regret is selling it, and I'm seriously considering trying to buy it back.

It's two bags of holsters for me. I have a whole bunch of nice OWB holsters and nowhere to open carry.
My two boxes of assorted holsters. Mostly new and unused. :rolleyes:

I'm the opposite... I have a really hard time deciding on a holster I like, so I have very few and no really good way to carry my G19... I need a decent OWB, for out in the woods and around the range etc. and a shoulder rig for concealing. I'm not built for IWB.
Still shopping.

I'm the opposite... I have a really hard time deciding on a holster I like, so I have very few and no really good way to carry my G19... I need a decent OWB, for out in the woods and around the range etc. and a shoulder rig for concealing. I'm not built for IWB.
Still shopping.
I wish I could find a good shoulder holster for my 1911's

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top