JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
im gauging interest on this forum for clear 1911 grips, i recently started custom making clear side panels for the colt 1911 and clones both standard and ambi safety, cost is $30/pr and are made upon order so a 2-3 day lead time is currently my timeline, after i get a bit of backstock i will start fabricating smoked lexan and colored lexan. if your intrested just let me know.

-Chris

IMG_20120908_174435.jpg

Last Edited:
Interesting ideal. Send me set and I will "Mark test" them for you. I have concerns about them but am willing to be my usual "rough on anything self" to see if your ideal is strong enough.
At this point it would be like buying a pig in the poke.

Are the grips entirely transparent, or is it a clear panel in a grip as it appears in the photo? Also, will the tinted lexan be a transparent tinted material?

Thanks
C

Are the grips entirely transparent, or is it a clear panel in a grip as it appears in the photo? Also, will the tinted lexan be a transparent tinted material?

Thanks
C

The grips are entirely transparent, the grips on my sidearm are merely a windowed design to add to the two tone look and to make it a bit more seemless, and the tinted lexan will be transparent material just about 70 to 80% darker.

Thank you officially5150.
I would be interested in a lime green lexan tinted grip set primarily, but a straight up clear grip would be OK if that's not something you intend to do. It would be for a Colt 5".
The screw holes appear a little larger than stock... optical illusion?

Thanks,
C

thanks for your response Creeper right now i dont have any lime green lexan in stock but i will put that on my next order, i dont however intend to do pink, just despise pink accented weapons. in response to your screw hole question, it is a bit of an optical illusion mainly due to the top and bottom coutersink for the screw and frame stud. Im also planning on using mirrored lexan.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews