JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interested in thoughts on any caliber, but 5.56 and 7.62NATO first. What's intriguing me about this platform is the ability to run the major calibers on one platform (familiarity, controls, etc) and I'm a fan of the concept--starting with AK reliability etc.

I'd say 5.56 over .308. For what it is its accurate, but the .308 lacks a LRBHO, which was a bad idea since it uses SR-25 magazines. Basically the bolt carrier slams into the follower. The 5.56 can also be converted to use the original mags with some work.

If you ever intend to reload, the Galil Ace will not be the rifle you reload for. Its accurate, but it really messes up brass. Action is pretty smooth, ergonomics are good. If using a regular scope, be careful to not ding it up when taking the dust cover off.

That said, it does not have the same feeling as shooting the original Galil, if that's why you want one. If not, its a good rifle overall. Would try to see if you can get a good deal though.

I have both 556 and 762x39. Love them both. Accurate and fun to shoot. Both are HEAVY.
Tons of reliability and accuracy videos out there.
556 takes regular ol mags. 762x39 takes all mags and they both eat anything the goes bang.

0020DE00-E85E-4CE9-AEC3-82A1708DFB98.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top