JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Glock 43 experiment is over. Im headed back to the Glock 26. I put 300 rounds through it (at 6 rounds per mag, this took forever) and never was able to make friends. It is much easier to hide, but the need to adjust my grip and trigger finger placement was annoying.

I have big hands and was using the part of my finger behind my first joint to pull the trigger in order to hit what I was aiming at. If I used the pad of my finger, I was consistently 8 inches left at 7 yards.

The G26 is the same size backstrap to trigger as my Glock 17 and I can use the same part of my finger to shoot accurately. It will go back to being my regular off-duty carry gun.

Hopefully someone will make us some nice 30rndrs for the G43. I love mine, but definitely understand the G26 for bigger hands.

When they first introduced the g43, I realized that the overall thickness was less than 1/8", which wont make a lick of difference in concealability. I went with the g26.

Personally I think the G43 should have been a little smaller like the Kahr PM9 instead it is just a thinner G26. At that point, may as well stick with an S&W Shield because I'm not going to G42. For a pocket piece it is still the 442/642 or 49/649 or PM9, I am disenchanted the G43 I don't blame you for sticking with the G26, I would.

Well, but in the case of No_Regerts, making the gun even smaller like the PM9 is, would no doubt cause him to find the pistol to be even more of an ergonomics problem.

My Glock 43 experiment is over. Im headed back to the Glock 26. I put 300 rounds through it (at 6 rounds per mag, this took forever) and never was able to make friends. It is much easier to hide, but the need to adjust my grip and trigger finger placement was annoying.

I have big hands and was using the part of my finger behind my first joint to pull the trigger in order to hit what I was aiming at. If I used the pad of my finger, I was consistently 8 inches left at 7 yards.

The G26 is the same size backstrap to trigger as my Glock 17 and I can use the same part of my finger to shoot accurately. It will go back to being my regular off-duty carry gun.

Did you ever consider and look at any other options, other than Glock? The Walther PPS came out years ahead of the 43. It has a Stryker type trigger just like the Glock, and even breaks down just like a Glock too. So it is very friendly to Glock users.

I have pretty large hands too, but I have found it to be quite easy and comfortable to shoot. It is a quality, well built and engineered, German made handgun.

If you have not yet already done so, check one out sometime.

I like my G42 for times when I can't dress to fit my G19. My wife also enjoys shooting it over others due to the light recoil.

95% of the time I have no issues comfortably concealing my G26 with +2 mag extension, and its ergonomics and magazine interchangeability mean that it is a perfect "little brother" companion to my G19. The G43 has none of these benefits, as far as I am concerned its just another subcompact single-stack 9mm in a market already glutted with them. On the very rare occasions when I do need something smaller/lighter than the G26, I just stick my Ruger LCR .38+P in a front pocket holster and call it good.

Anyone looking for a single stack 9mm really should listen to Bob Mayne on HandgunWorld. He's been doing a bunch of episodes on comparing the G43, Shield, PM9, and XDs9. He has been convinced by experience to stay with his Shield w/o safety.

Before the G43 came out I switched from an XDs9 to a G27 converted to 9mm. I very much prefer capacity to size. YMMV

I carry a G26 and don't really any complaints. I started with a G27 and always though it was really thick, but after carrying other firearms and deciding to stick with one caliber I bought a G26 and don't think I would even consider a 43.

I did really like the size and comfort of a shield, but don't want a different frame. I have a G17, and G34 and love that I can use those mags for my backup in the 26.

I'm certainly no G43 hater. Not even a single-stack hater. And I love 9mm. No problems with any that. Sometimes, in some situations, a 9mm single-stack is the very best option. And in that role, the G43 could certainly do well for many people. But for me, capacity is of utmost importance, or at least as important as comfort.

Massad Ayoob, on his most recent podcast, interviewed a cop who had a traffic stop go bad when the guy jumped out shooting. Three mags of 45acp later the BG was dead, but only after a bunch of mortal hits that didn't stop him. Only 3 rounds to the head made him stop. And the tox report showed no drugs!!

I just want as many rounds as possible. I, for one, choose to don a Glock 26 with a 12rd mag and carry a G19 mag as backup.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top