JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was the opposite. Sold the 26 for the 43. I still carry the 19 whenever possible. Especially now that winter is coming it will get back into a holster. The 26 was the summer carry, now the 43 is. I likely would have stuck with the 26 if I had tried it with some grip extensions. The 43 had a fake one on at least on of its mags, after holding it I was sold. Never got to try that feeling with the 26.

I have a 42 which seems to have found a permanent home in an ankle holster. It is wonderful for the times when larger guns are simply not prudent. Usually there is a full size M&P9 on my hip. It is a good combination and I find use for both.

In reference to the OP and the 43, I haven't had one of those yet. But the guys I know who carry for a living seem to be happy to stick with their M&P shield 9's. I respect their opinion, so I likely won't be grabbing a 43 any time soon.

Seems like Glock was late to the party.

Just curious, why the love for the G26 over the G19? It's not that much more concealable, and you get a more solid grip with the 19...

When I carried both instead of the 19/43 combo I have now. It was overall size. Shorter muzzle shorter grip meant less to conceal. Made for good times when combined with shorts and a fitted tshirt as my summer carry.

The 43 does this even more efficiently adding a slimmer third dimension to the plate.

Now that winter is around the corner, I usually have baggier clothing and sweatshirts on so the 19 is my go to. I could probably even go with a 17 if I wanted. There are still days in the winter where I'll wear the 43 because of the overall configuration of my wardrobe.

I know many here have stated that there isn't much width difference between models, but taking into consideration the thickness of a holster and pants of choice as well as the belt, it all adds up.

Love my 26 and carry it FAR more than my 19. In fact, a part of me is always wondering if my 19 even has a purpose anymore. The 26 can always sport a 19 mag (especially with a mag spacer), but the 19 can never be as small as a 19.

For me, the smaller grip makes a BIG difference when I'm bending over or something. The 19 always sticks out like a shark fin.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top