JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New Front End Drill Kits - $8 shipped, and includes the following:

- x4 3mm Barrel Part Retaining Pins
- x1 Drill Bit

I have multiple kits available. Additional Pins are available for $1, bits $3

With this setup, you do not need to ream - simply drill and pin. In this example photo below, the actual virgin undrilled fsb was drilled and pinned using the same equipment.

IMG_2927.JPG IMG_2868.jpg

If this is for a blank barrel, how does one keep the drill bit from walking away from the barrel into the softer FSB?

What did you use to keep the FSB from rotating out of position while drilling?

I ask because I have struggled with this previously.

If this is for a blank barrel, how does one keep the drill bit from walking away from the barrel into the softer FSB?

What did you use to keep the FSB from rotating out of position while drilling?

I ask because I have struggled with this previously.

It was an undrilled barrel unpinned barrel. Drill halfway on one side, then the rest on the other.

The size of the drill bit accommodates a little bit of walk for the pin size. This was done with a hand drill and the pins pressed in nice and tight.

The fsb should NOT be easy to spin once installed, if it is the od of your barrel and part are not compatible with one another. To increase tightness, one can run a few circles with a pipe cutter on the part of the barrel the new part will go, again there should be no concern of the part spinning as it should be tight just from being pressed on.

PRO TIP: when first starting to drill, drill into the corner of where the pin should go at a 45 degree angle to start your hole, then once you have enough grab, move your drill to the 90 degree position, go in half way then repeat on other side until pin holes meet

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top