JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello. Never been to this forum, but been a member at THR (both .com and .US) and TheFiringLine for several years under the same user name.

I am at the moment a gunsmith without a shop. I went to school @ Colorado School of Trades for gunsmithing. I also have a bachelor's degree from OSU. I have worked at a few shops, but have not found the right fit. So I'm occupying my time with my own projects and whatever projects my friends can con me into doing.

I do a lot of trading of guns. I have several guns that are permanent members of my collection, but usually have some trade-bait lying around. I got used to a fluid gun collection through seven years of college. When the money ebbs and flows, sometimes you have to sell stuff to pay the bills, and usually have to trade to get something new.

Hope to be able to contribute to this forum, although I do not like posting just to see myself talk or to artificially enlarge my post tally, so it may take a while to do so.

I communicate better with email than with PM's, so if you want to chat, thats probably the easiest way.

So, like I said, I hope I can contribute and look forward to hanging out here.

Thanks,

--Bear

Welcome mountainbear!

Hey if you were in the valley you could have job of switching the safety around on my rugerPC9 for a lefty!

If you get a shop give a shout out never know what business you might get!
Steven

Welcome to the site... gunsmiths are especially welcome I should think.Out of curiosity what's your specialty or area(s) of interest? expect me to shoot you an e-mail concerning gunsmithing and trade school (curious about colorado school of trades) here in the near future... :s0155:

Hi Bear, I too am new to this forum and from Central Oregon and best of all a fellow Beaver! What was your major? Mine was agriculture (animal science) from a lot of years ago!

otoe

I try to be as general a gunsmith as possible, but being that we all have out areas we like, I would say more of a pistolsmith. I do a lot of work on S&W revolvers. I've built a couple of ground up custom rifles.
I was a forestry major at Oregon State.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR