Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

friend wants an AR-15 from a shop

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ronin223, Feb 8, 2010.

1. ronin223

ronin223 Portland Active Member

anyone know who carries the lowest priced AR-15 in the portland/beaverton area?

does not want a used one or want to purchase on line and transfer to a ffl, wants it from a store.

2. kito109654

kito109654 Everett, WA Member

I have to ask, whyyy?! Is he going to burn C-notes afterwards too?

3. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

4. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

To answer the OP question, a few months ago, I found really good prices from "The Gun Zone" in Clackamas for A-3 upper models ..... Optics Ready Carbines were a little cheaper, but they only had one brand ... I'd have to say Keiths would probably beat his price, or anyones price, if he carries the same brands, but wanted to give the new store a shot and he was better than anyone else in my area ......

5. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

Forgot about that deal ... Better than I saw at Gun Zone, but I wasn't willing to wait even the week it may take from him .... I ended up with a DPMS ...

6. kito109654

kito109654 Everett, WA Member

7. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

8. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

9. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Building one isn't very hard and you can often do it very cheaply...

10. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

You save at least 10% (Fed tax) when you build one yourself. I just bought a LMT complete upper ($525 @ weaponsparts.com) and lower ($350 at PDX Gunshow) and had a $1200 rifle for $875. You can save even more if you are willing to assemble a lower receiver yourself (pretty easy).

11. DALE

DALE Boring, Oregon Member

This. :thumbup:

There has not been one post from anyone on this forum that has purchased one of these from Coctailer that was dissatisfied. (That I have seen)

I loaded mine up with accessories, yesterday I stripped it all off, back to the original out of the box configuration. Found I like an AR better, as a basic rifle. The 4 or 5 mags and wrench it comes with, make it a sweet deal!

12. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Your friend would be crazy not to go for this package. Gun, hard case, 5 mags, cleaning kit, sling, armorers tool, flat top carry handle for $750 including background check!