JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
so im guessing i will get this thread closed,but.
this donald sterling thing. its hard to hear the words he said. agree.
its hard to hear lots of things people say. agree.
this is a free country. agree. or is it?
freedom of speech means as much or more than the 2nd.
flame on.

I'm curious about this "forced to sell" order. He's an idiot for what he said, and where he said it. But AFAIK, no one can force someone to sell something they own. It seems to me he would be within his rights to just disband the team, and fold the corporation.

The NBA can pull his franchise rights, and refuse to let other NBA teams play his, (like they would anyway) but something about this seems kinda suspicious.
Magic Johnson will supposedly buy the team, but the fact that he befriended Sterling's GF in the past year leads me to believe sterling may have been set up, to expose his feelings about his minority players.

Just another rich idiot, that thinks he can have his way.
Not far removed from bloomberg, with his antics and hypocrisy.

The freedom of speech protects you from prosecution or persecution from your government for the things you say. It does not protect you from the ramifications of saying stupid stuff that society finds offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Society meaning everybody? I think that should be rephrased to say 'For those who found it offensive' I am sure what he said didn't affect everyone equally.
But most people would find it offensive, regardless of their skin color. if you think differently I would say that is a reflection on you, not my statement.

Penguin
Are using the liberal's argument . . . If someone doesn't happen to agree with you they are automatically racist??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sheldon

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews