JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.motorcycleprofilingproject.com/modesto-ccw-revoked/

Summary: Calif. Sheriff revokes CCW permit because holder was allegedly riding a motorcycle with an alleged Hells Angel?

the applicable 9th Circuit Court of Federal Appeals precedent says that "concealed carry" is a privilege, and not a fundamental right guaranteed by the Second Amendment. The court reasoned "that the Second Amendment does not preserve or protect the right of a member of the general public to carry concealed firearms in public." There is no Second Amendment right to carry a concealed weapon, and therefore regulations that limit one's ability to get a CCW permit do not violate the U.S. Constitution. 1

1 Peruta v. Cty. of San Diego (June 9, 2016) No. 10-56971

Disclaimer: I have ridden with Hells Angels - in a very large group, going to Olympia to protest helmet laws. There were hundreds of riders there, and a number of different bike clubs.

This is total BS. Even if concealed carry in CA is a privilege, once the government extends a privilege it cannot arbitrarily and unilaterally take away that privilege without due process. Guy needs to sue.

This is total BS. Even if concealed carry in CA is a privilege, once the government extends a privilege it cannot arbitrarily and unilaterally take away that privilege without due process. Guy needs to sue.

Someone else did sue... and the court decided. I doubt another lawsuit in California in the 9th Circuit is going to help gun owners one bit

I don't agree with what the Sheriff here did, but since it's California and the CCW permit is granted at his discretion, what due process did he violate when he withdrew his permission?

My Utah permit has a morals clause. It's pretty clear cut.
Their permit, their rules.
BTW, Trump rocked BIGLY in Utah today!

Someone else did sue... and the court decided. I doubt another lawsuit in California in the 9th Circuit is going to help gun owners one bit

I don't agree with what the Sheriff here did, but since it's California and the CCW permit is granted at his discretion, what due process did he violate when he withdrew his permission?

Due process is procedural. It means that before a government entity can take a unilateral action that strips a privilege, the individual is entitled to notice and an opportunity to be heard.

Due process is procedural. It means that before a government entity can take a unilateral action that strips a privilege, the individual is entitled to notice and an opportunity to be heard.

Shrug.

I'm sure the Sheriff followed the established procedure under California law. Considering its California the established procedure is probably the whim of the Sheriff, since that's what it takes to get your concealed carry there. There probably is no process other than being notified it was taken away. I doubt California law grants any right to be heard, no right to appeal and no other rights regarding a carry license. You can make a broader argument about how lack of such violates a right to due process, but if the lack of is already established law then there is no violation of his due process under California law.

Maybe that was clear, maybe it wasn't, the point I was eluding to is the lack of common sense concealed carry law in California.

Of all the trouble I have ever been in; it has been my expressions (not my actions) that got me there.

Uncertainty Avoidance is off the charts in CA; fascism!

Individual Liberty is not even allowed on the CA "bus", when it should be in the driver's seat of every state.

Boil the frogs slowly....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads