JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
One of the pics I saw this morning showed a guy holding up a sign that said "Let's go Brandeux!"

Made me laugh.

Hmm.. they want freedom from responsibility and consequences for their actions. The fact that they are disrupting the lives of everyone in Ottawa to protest that their lives have been disrupted is peak hypocrisy, irony, and cognitive dissonance.
They want freedom from tyrannical governments. Their disruption pales in comparison to the last two years of disruptions mandated by said governments.

Isn't blocking traffic a BLM tactic? Protest is fine and all, but the truck blockades primarily affect shipments from farmers in Canada and the US (all the imported products and other durable goods come via container ship or air, which already have the same vaccine mandate). That's like punching your own people in the gut.

Also, even if Canada cancels their vaccine mandate for truckers returning from the US, the US just enacted the same mandate for truckers driving into the US from Canada about a week ago: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/01/20...s-entering-united-states-land-ports-entry-and

Isn't blocking traffic a BLM tactic? Protest is fine and all, but the truck blockades primarily affect shipments from farmers in Canada and the US (all the imported products and other durable goods come via container ship or air, which already have the same vaccine mandate). That's like punching your own people in the gut.

Also, even if Canada cancels their vaccine mandate for truckers returning from the US, the US just enacted the same mandate for truckers driving into the US from Canada about a week ago: https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/01/20...s-entering-united-states-land-ports-entry-and
Blocking traffic has been a tactic of protesters since the beginning or protesting. And traffic. BLM didn't reinvent the wheel.

They want freedom from tyrannical governments. Their disruption pales in comparison to the last two years of disruptions mandated by said governments.
It has been explained to him ad nauseum and he continues to berate citizens who actually appreciate freedom and refuse to be forced er I mean "mandated" to comply with tyranny. Bootlickers gonna lick boots!:s0050:

Blocking traffic has been a tactic of protesters since the beginning or protesting. And traffic. BLM didn't reinvent the wheel.
They have been studious about allowing emergency vehicles through and are now letting one lane through at the border. For those keeping track, total buildings lit on fire so far: 0.

It has been explained to him ad nauseum and he continues to berate citizens who actually appreciate freedom and refuse to be forced er I mean "mandated" to comply with tyranny. Bootlickers gonna lick boots!:s0050:
I suggest that you take each post on its own merits, at face value, and without the baggage of any previous interaction.

It doesn't matter what's happened in a previous thread. In this one, you're starting the name calling with the above.

So, before another thread spirals out of control and winds up closed, stay excellent.

1643758408159.png

I suggest that you take each post on its own merits, at face value, and without the baggage of any previous interaction.

It doesn't matter what's happened in a previous thread. In this one, you're starting the name calling with the above.

So, before another thread spirals out of control and winds up closed, stay excellent.

View attachment 1121729
I appreciate your advice, but at the same time, in Jack's defense, have you ever known someone who crashes the party and gets the cops called every damn time? You get a sort of "What the hell are you doing here" attitude. It's human nature.

Last Edited:
I appreciate your advice, but at the same time, in Hueco's defense, have you ever known someone who crashes the party and gets the cops called every damn time? You get a sort of "What the hell are you doing here" attitude. It's human nature.
I think anytime someone walks into a room and instantly starts disagreeing with everyone or even better starts telling everyone how wrong they are will always result in less than excellent reactions. Read the room type of thing, and if the room is full of people that one just wants to argue with it might be best to find another room. There's always another room.

Did I overuse the word "room"? :D

I think anytime someone walks into a room and instantly starts disagreeing with everyone or even better starts telling everyone how wrong they are will always result in less than excellent reactions. Read the room type of thing, and if the room is full of people that one just wants to argue with it might be best to find another room. There's always another room.
Thank you. This is exactly what I'm saying. I meant to say "In Jack's defense" above.

Hmm.. they want freedom from responsibility and consequences for their actions. The fact that they are disrupting the lives of everyone in Ottawa to protest that their lives have been disrupted is peak hypocrisy, irony, and cognitive dissonance.
Responsibility & Consequences?!?! lol Just put your mask back on and do what you're told!

I appreciate your advice, but at the same time, in Jack's defense, have you ever known someone who crashes the party and gets the cops called every damn time? You get a sort of "What the hell are you doing here" attitude. It's human nature.
Yes and no ~ kinda sorta.

Try going against the grain on any particular issue of a hot button nature on this forum and you will quickly find that your opinion will carry with it more than the words you wrote. The associations people already have with similar, if distant, viewpoints and the people who have espoused such will instantaneously pair you with the worst caricatures of those people. And you'll be treated thusly.

To put it more bluntly: you will get called a "libtard" for a center-left view loooooooooooooooooong before you get called a "trumptard" for any view.

I find it ironic that many on this forum view themselves as the societal contrarians, standing up to the man...but when facing down the contrarian of this microcosm, they do so with about as much disdain as what they perceive to be facing. Are we not better than this? But, I digress.

The point is: this isn't your party - this is just a party, maybe even the party - and it's open to all 2A supporters, regardless of any other view or affiliation.

If a single person is constantly breaking the rules, then yes, they are asked (if not told) to find a new virtual stomping ground.

But please see this as a completely separate phenomenon than an individual being contrarian or having a different view. If such differing views stir the pot so much that rules get broken again and again...put it this way: when two people come to blows at the bar, they're both going to be asked to leave regardless of who started what. As the kids say: don't feed the trolls. Do, however, learn to tell the difference between trolling and simply having a conviction of a differing perspective (not giving you advice, just putting the advice out into the æther in general).

Finally, if the presence of any individual threatens your experience on certain topics...ignore them. I see many members dictate that they don't believe in the ignore button and do believe in freedom of speech et. al. and yet they're the first person to jump to personal attacks if someone were to post, say, a pro-Biden message. If you are the kind of person who would jump into that attack frenzy like a shark to blood, then I cannot more highly recommend the ignore function (again, not singling you out or advising you in particular, just advice in general).

Did I overuse the word "room"? :D
1643764155088.png
Sheeple. Suckling .govs teat.
So many sheeple
Suckle Suckle like babes
The teat, phallic

If you look close it ain't no teat no matter what they tell you
I tried for a meme but got a bunch of things that I'm going to have to explain to my boss later...so I made a hiku instead.

Too many are far too willing to do whatever they're told.
When it comes to COVID, it's safe to say we all do what we're told. Whether that's getting the vaccine, not getting the vaccine, wearing a mask, not wearing a mask, taking ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine or whatever the fad drug of the week is…

We're all listening to someone else's advice, research or conclusions and adopting it as our own.

I didn't hear you complaining when BLM and ANTIFA were disrupting everyone's lives. Talk about hypocrisy!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads