JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would the binary trigger be illegal in Washington? Havent been following it since the last thing with bumpstocks. Before that it was pretty clear that binaries skirted the machine gun issue.

Why would the binary trigger be illegal in Washington? Havent been following it since the last thing with bumpstocks. Before that it was pretty clear that binaries skirted the machine gun issue.
I think it's something like:
ATF defines a single shot per "function" of the trigger (pull OR release).
Washington law defines a single shot per cycle of the trigger (pull AND release).

What's the rcw say? Is there precedent?

RCW 9.41.010: Chapter 9.41 RCW: FIREARMS AND DANGEROUS WEAPONS
(17) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

I agree. I think it's the "trigger be pressed for each shot" part. Since the trigger is pressed for one shot and released for another. All I know is this is on Optics Planet's page: Warning: Not for civilian sales in CA, DC, IA, ND, NJ, NY, or WA. Unfortunately, I think someone confused the little "or" for the big "OR" and they won't sell them to OR residents either.

Last Edited:
No precedent means there is no interest in prosecution. That often happens with vague laws , such as the supposed prohibition on binary triggers, where the state doesnt want to test the constitutionality of a law that might not be up to snuff legally or is so poorly worded , such as the supposed RCW dealing with binary triggers that any idiot lawyer straight out of law school could get it thrown out of court .

Last time I shot mine at a range was with 9mm and it ran away. Dumped the mag in 2 seconds. The range master came over to see what was going on and I told him it was a binary trigger. He was an off duty cop and said he had one too and they were a lot of fun. I'm not losing any sleep. FWIW Doubletap has no problem sending them to Washington.

Last Edited:
In any event, the majority of prosecutors are liberal. Not all, but the one that gets your case on his or her desk will be glad to prosecute.

As to H&K triggers, for mere mortals, Williams Trigger Specialties has been around a long time and offer a good, working trigger job for $65. It goes up from there. From their site:
"continues to offer his Standard Trigger work (on a multitude of weapons), the HK Contoured Trigger work and the HK91/93 & AR-15 Set Trigger work."

Last I heard any device that increase the rate of fire .
So if you got a fast finger it's illagal

In any event, the majority of prosecutors are liberal. Not all, but the one that gets your case on his or her desk will be glad to prosecute.

As to H&K triggers, for mere mortals, Williams Trigger Specialties has been around a long time and offer a good, working trigger job for $65. It goes up from there. From their site:

Who told you the majority of prosecutors are liberal?. Maybe in liberal areas but not in places like Eastern Washington because they wouldn't have jobs long if they were. I wonder who makes this stuff up sometimes.

Who told you the majority of prosecutors are liberal?. Maybe in liberal areas but not in places like Eastern Washington because they wouldn't have jobs long if they were. I wonder who makes this stuff up sometimes.
I dealt with Seattle-area prosecutors foe 31 years. Check my location.

Just keep your fingers crossed you don't get to be the test case and if you are, hope that they let you stay out of prison while the appeals are going on and you've got $100k to dump into your defense. The process is punishment enough even if you ultimately get acquitted. Win or lose, you lose if it goes that route. It might be a very low probability situation, but someone always eventually wins the Powerball.

You might want to consider deleting -- I'll make sure I unquote you.

I picked on of those Franklin HK Binary triggers up and enough extra parts to put together a complete swapable SEF trigger pack and lower for my PTR 9mm. Sounds like its going to be fun.

ZhzAcX.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads