JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered one on October 18th at Optic's Planet. Haven't got it yet. The order is "Processing", expected to ship February 4th.?.?.?
Shoulda bought one through Highline directly.
Possibly FA are reworking the bugs out.

Optics Planet strikes again.

Cant recommend Highline enough. My franklin for an AR came from there.

Optics Planet strikes again.

Cant recommend Highline enough. My franklin for an AR came from there.

Thank you for the kind words. We sold 2 Franklins yesterday. Have more inbound

I ordered one on October 18th at Optic's Planet. Haven't got it yet. The order is "Processing", expected to ship February 4th.?.?.?
Shoulda bought one through Highline directly.
Possibly FA are reworking the bugs out.

Im sorry to hear about the long wait. Sounds like they let you place an order for a product they don't have or don't even have inbound. We do have one Franklin 10/22 Trigger left in stock if you want to cancel your Optics Planet order and get one before February. :cool:

Thank you for the kind words. We sold 2 Franklins yesterday. Have more inbound

Im sorry to hear about the long wait. Sounds like they let you place an order for a product they don't have or don't even have inbound. We do have one Franklin 10/22 Trigger left in stock if you want to cancel your Optics Planet order and get one before February. :cool:
Ill buy it if still availible?!

I just read through this thread. I was really shocked to hear a couple of you were having issues with the 10-22 Binary by Franklin. I ordered mine from BUDK, had it in 4 days and installed and test fired on day 5. I couldn't be happier. I will say though that my trigger group and housing was all stock before the install and it sounds like those of you having issues had the upgraded aluminum housing. I'm not sure if that's still an issue but I can say that my trigger works flawlessly. I've had it out 4-5 times and run several mags through it. I do have an upgraded bolt as well as the eagle talon extractor from TK. The combination of these three makes this a really satisfying shoot. Anyway, in stock at BUDK. Cheers, gents! :s0048:

646AE56E-1EA8-40D0-B66D-DE8199980969.jpeg 86B74F7F-532B-4620-BF43-83060E06B85E.jpeg 4BE3A86A-119D-4235-BCBE-593923254231.jpeg

@Comanche I have a Ruger Charger pistol with the grey aluminum trigger housing. This one is only 2 position after installing the Franklin Binary - Safe and Binary. I'm ok with this.

The other 4 that I've installed, 3 had zero issues and were the plastic/polymer housing. I had an older metal housing trigger that just wouldn't work. Switched to a BX trigger housing and no issues since.

From direct observation, it seems that there are tolerance differences between the metal and plastic/polymer which cause the Franklin Binary not work correctly in the metal housing.

I decided to live the 2 position life because that Ruger Charger looks good with the matt silver finish. I also have the original wood frame that came with this charger and that color combo looks great. 38019.jpeg

The other old metal housing was on a Butler Creek Folder so switching to BX trigger housing was no issue.

On FA's website, there is this statement:
"Due to a possible variance in tolerances some trigger housings may not function with the 22-C1."

So, I emailed them asking about this issue and whether there is a known serial number range that may/may not work, and their response was:
"There is not a serial number range. We do plan on releasing our own housing for the 22-C1 in 8-10 weeks. You can sign up for our newsletter to receive an alert when we have them available."

I think I'll await their new trigger housing before plunging $300 for a trigger that "may not function".

On FA's website, there is this statement:
"Due to a possible variance in tolerances some trigger housings may not function with the 22-C1."

So, I emailed them asking about this issue and whether there is a known serial number range that may/may not work, and their response was:
"There is not a serial number range. We do plan on releasing our own housing for the 22-C1 in 8-10 weeks. You can sign up for our newsletter to receive an alert when we have them available."

I think I'll await their new trigger housing before plunging $300 for a trigger that "may not function".

As it stands the OEM and BX triggers work great it seems but if you're looking for aluminum sounds like waiting for their kit is the way to go.

I had a similar issue except when i was installing the C1 into the Pike Arms aluminum housing it simply would not fit due to size differences. Now that I have installed it into the plastic original housing and shot the gun im getting constant jams, ie double feeds, failed ejections and the bolt seems to actually damage the ammunition. none of this happened before with the original trigger system. pretty frustrating. if you have a solution let me know. thanks.

I had a similar issue except when i was installing the C1 into the Pike Arms aluminum housing it simply would not fit due to size differences. Now that I have installed it into the plastic original housing and shot the gun im getting constant jams, ie double feeds, failed ejections and the bolt seems to actually damage the ammunition. none of this happened before with the original trigger system. pretty frustrating. if you have a solution let me know. thanks.
So, everything is back to Ruger OEM except the BFS C1?

These things are easy to take apart. I'd remove the bolt, charging handle and trigger. Then completely wipe out the receiver. Clean all the parts and lightly oil then reinstall.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I grew up in the Low Country and still have family back there. Love it there but that food would have killed me already.

A friend and I put one in an older aluminum factory housing today. First attempt it only worked in semi mode. Even in binary mode, it functioned as semi only. We took the safety levers off to remove it from the stock, pulled and inspected it, not seeing anything apparently wrong. We reattached the safety levers and tried it dry, and it appeared that everything was functioning properly. Reassembled it in the stock, then went and test fired it. Everything worked as advertised.

I'm going to Lazarus this thread. I finally unboxed my FA AR trigger this weekend after having it set aside for almost two years. It seemed to be together fine, so when I did a function check I was surprised it wasn't working. I pulled up the video and took the trigger apart and the springs in their assembly video didn't match what I had. So I emailed asking for them to send me one of the missing springs. The answer I got:

"Hi ,
The disconnector spring is pre-installed in the trigger.
If you have any questions please give me a call 9am-4pm PST. Mon.-Fri.
Thank you"

I called and the person who emailed me (they didn't put their name, but it turns out it's Daniel) is out to lunch. The gal I spoke to indicated I could "buy enhanced springs for $20." I asked if she was seriously suggesting I pay additional money for something that should have been included, to which she acknowledged that I should talk to Daniel and see if he'll send me a replacement.

Garbage support experience. I've already thrown an old SIG trigger into the lower I planned to use this in. That one went in with no problems at all. This just irritates me to no end. I wouldn't buy Franklin Armory crap again. I'd probably go with something like the Fostech for the same money.

I'm going to Lazarus this thread. I finally unboxed my FA AR trigger this weekend after having it set aside for almost two years. It seemed to be together fine, so when I did a function check I was surprised it wasn't working. I pulled up the video and took the trigger apart and the springs in their assembly video didn't match what I had. So I emailed asking for them to send me one of the missing springs. The answer I got:

"Hi ,
The disconnector spring is pre-installed in the trigger.
If you have any questions please give me a call 9am-4pm PST. Mon.-Fri.
Thank you"

I called and the person who emailed me (they didn't put their name, but it turns out it's Daniel) is out to lunch. The gal I spoke to indicated I could "buy enhanced springs for $20." I asked if she was seriously suggesting I pay additional money for something that should have been included, to which she acknowledged that I should talk to Daniel and see if he'll send me a replacement.

Garbage support experience. I've already thrown an old SIG trigger into the lower I planned to use this in. That one went in with no problems at all. This just irritates me to no end. I wouldn't buy Franklin Armory crap again. I'd probably go with something like the Fostech for the same money.
I've never had any issues with the three AR triggers that I have.

The only issue I've experienced with FA BFS triggers has been with the Ruger 10/22 in a metal trigger housing. No issues with the other three Ruger trigger housing.

I am using one of the plastic factory trigger housings and was running into an issue where safe and semi worked but binary dident and it acted like semi. I tried everything recommended. I ended up taking the pin in the back of the trigger that holds the sear out and putting the factory trigger pin in and then using the F.A. trigger pin for the trigger and everything works test firing. Just have to test it out on the range.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top