JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congrats man! You must be pretty happy right about now:cool:.

I don't like the electric or biometric locks - analog for me 100%!!!;).

Lucky dog:p glad someone else didn't get to it before you:rolleyes:.

Eventually. The safe is currently gutted. Custom shelving 1"x1"x3/16" angle iron shelf frames are in the works. Then I'll inset 3/4" (7-ply) plywood into them. The shelves are figured to hold 300+ pounds each. The safe will have six levels (counting floor area) for organizing. All shelf spacing height is based on 30, 50, and fat 50 cans.
The Extreme Ammo Can.

Last Edited:
The shelf frames were picked up last week
Mulling over design ideas for assembly/disassembly, this will do.
The roll pins will be used to key the side supports to the metal frames, extending into the level above.
Shelf Measurement.jpg

A general view of the interior.
SafeShelfVisual.jpg

Last Edited:
If it were me I'd put one gusset in the middle and load up as much as I could.

I also would box in the rear wall if I wasn't going to put a gusset in the middle. Three sides of that taking weight will hold hundreds.

I was originally going to add center supports, then decided to beefed up the angle iron instead. I'm considering the upright supports in back. That's not a bad idea, @Dyjital.

I had trouble catching poke'mon last night, so out to my shop I wandered (at 2:20am :D) to make some noise. I tossed in a few cans for looks. Shelf spacing is 10" Nothing is pinned as of yet. All total I'm into this project for $460.
shelf_web.jpg

Last Edited:
I was originally going to add center supports, then decided to beefed up the angle iron instead. I'm considering the upright supports in back. That's not a bad idea, @Dyjital.

I had trouble catching poke'mon last night, so out to my shop I wandered (at 2:20am :D) to make some noise. I tossed in a few cans for looks. Shelf spacing is 10" Nothing is pinned as of yet. All total I'm into this project for $460.
View attachment 313076

Looks awesome man!

Could you sneak in another shelf if you tightened up the shelves to get rid of the space above the ammo cans?

Just curious:rolleyes:

Thanks. I was looking at that. Originally I planned five shelves. It would have worked out perfect, I know. I changed the order to four. WHOOPS! Oh well. I have plans to add a top shelf, just out of 3/4 plywood for oddball stuff. Then I'll cover it all in heavy boat felt. Then add in the electrical, golden rod, and LED lighting.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top